2012 World Appreciative Inquiry Conference Mobile Companion
By Polymash Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The 2012 World Appreciative Inquiry Conference is to be held April 24 - 29 in Ghent, Belgium, and has attendees from over 38 countries.
This 5th World Conference on Appreciative Inquiry emphasizes AI as a theory and practice of connecting people and generating new possibilities. As no other process does, AI changes the way we look at leadership and change. AI helps us to understand, to build and to enhance interconnectedness, co-create new business models and ways of relating in organizations and communities.
The 2012 WAIC App for iPhone and iPad was designed and developed by Polymash, Inc. to be the hand-held concierge of the conference and includes the following features:
• Native universal app: designed for iPad and iPhone
• No persistent wifi connection required to access the conference program, presenters, sponsors, venue, transportation information and animated maps
• Search feature to find presenters, their bios, their photos, their session outlines and room locations
• Personal session builder to build your personal conference program with an intuitive color coded program view based on themed tracks
• Session Notes taking tool, and summary notes viewer.
• Email individual notes and insights during the sessions, or a a summary report of all notes taken at any time, allowing you to share your notes with others to co-create entries for blogs, papers and other publications
• View Presenters' slides, papers and presentations inside the app, as they become available
• News and notifications to keep you informed about latest updates, program changes, newly scheduled events and meetings
• Conference blog feed
• Participate in live Twitter streams about the conference
• Share news on Facebook and connect to others on Facebook
• Sponsors' information and links
• Around town: interactive maps with POIs, restaurants, sights and entertainments
• Local information about the International Convention Center (ICC), the town and its attractions, and transportation
• Landscape and Portrait mode support
What's New in Version 1.03
Bug Fixes: "My Program" - corrected sort order
This app built excitement for the conference even before I arrived! It was so quick and easy to use, and contained just the right information I needed to plan the sessions I wanted to attend, including room name and a floor plan of the conference center with room locations. I especially liked the "My WAIC" where I could save my selected sessions, including several for the same time slot. I continue to use this app, even though the conference ended weeks ago. I have viewed presentations with it, as well as my notes, and have accessed sponsor and presenter information. The bar has been set very high now for other conferences that I attend---I want all of them to have a robust app. It makes the experience so much richer and long-lasting.
My first conference app experience and it was terrific. Once the information was downloaded, it was easy to check the sessions, and how to get there with the venue maps. I found being able to take notes and have them saved in the right session and also email them was just such a time saver and I have them now forever. Great feature. Well done!
- Category: Business
- Updated: May 14, 2012
- Version: 1.03
- Size: 17.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Polymash Inc.
- © 2012 Polymash Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.