KERO 23 ABC News in Bakersfield delivers relevant local, community and national news, including up-to-the minute weather information, breaking news, and alerts throughout the day.
When you open our app, you’ll know what’s going on right now and what’s important to your local area.
We've improved the experience with an intuitive layout and simplified navigation. News, weather and video are just a tap away.
Our favorite feature is the weather section. Not only do we deliver hourly and daily forecasts, we give you the most updated severe weather information in an instant.
• Breaking news alerts and stories
• Brand new weather section, with hourly and daily forecasts
• Live streaming video
• Fast and easy to use
• We are excited to offer a Premium ad-free experience for purchase within the app for $1.99/month or $10.99/year. The subscription removes all in-app ads, including pre-roll video. Linked content displayed in a web-view is not included. Thanks for supporting local journalism!
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
We're committed to continually improving our user experience, so please let us know how we're doing by leaving a review in the App Store.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• We fixed a bug that caused Twitter embeds in stories to not load correctly.
• Additional bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Good app too have.
Like the title says “ Good app too have “ like the traffic notifications and how each one is constantly updated till it’s cleared up. However when letting the public know too take another route/way be more specific name a route/way some folks sure could use the extra heads up. The weather notification is good as well especially living up here on the mountain. I’ve had this app for a few years now and never had any problems. I don’t anticipate having any issues in the future. Other than the pop up adds.
23 ABC News alerts and the app
I love the ABC23 alerts coming to my phone, especially since I work in Bakersfield now. I live in the neighboring mountain community and as the crime rate up there is much slower and we are much safer, I worry working down here. ABC 23 gives me peace of mind with their alerts, as I can go right into my app and check it so I know where not to be. Thank you ABC 23!
App crashes/force closes
I’ve been having trouble with the app for the past few weeks. I’ll start to read a story and the screen goes white (no text). I’ll close the app, go back into the same story, am able to read a few sentences, and it goes to a white screen again. Very frustrating. I’ve stared using other local news apps more frequently, but do check from time to time to see if the issue has been fixed, but to no avail. I’m disappointed bc I really did like this app for news info, weather, road reports, etc.
- E.W. Scripps Company
- 64.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © The E.W. Scripps Company
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Subscription - Monthly $1.99
- Premium Subscription - Annual $10.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.