2Do: Tasks Done in Style
By Guided Ways Technologies Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NOTICE: A new iOS7 re-design is coming soon as a free upgrade. We appreciate your patience.
** Featured on BCC's 'Click', App Store Essentials, CultOfMac 5/5, Wired, Gizmodo, Macworld 4/5, BestAppEver Award Winners **
From a simple checklist to full-blown project management, 2Do is an incredibly powerful task manager that lets you focus on what's important. Zero complication. Zero frustration. Just a stunning to do list you can finally understand and use.
* One universal app for all your iOS devices
* Sync tasks over-the-air on multiple devices using one of these methods:
- Reminders (CalDAV)
- Yahoo! Calendar Tasks (CalDAV)
- Custom iCal Server (CalDAV) such as the OS X Lion Server
* Use Siri to add reminders and then see those magically sync over to 2Do (works when using the CalDAV Reminders sync method)
* Tabbed Lists
* Password Protection: On individual lists or full app
* Drag & Drop tasks from and to lists
* Simple drag & drop due date assignment on the iPad
* Instant Previews: Preview and edit notes, voice notes or attached pictures from the main list with a single tap
* Projects, Checklists or simple Tasks.
* Repeating Tasks with end dates
* Scheduling of tasks using Start Date & Time.
* Create multiple alerts per task.
* Focus: Quick toggle between your tasks and a refined 'focus' list from any view
* Full Text & Soundex Search Search Engine: Search for similar sounding words
* Smart Lists: Dynamic lists based on saved searches with or without date ranges
* Powerful date range searching and filtering
* Tags & People: create keyword tags; search for tags or attach contacts as people tags.
* Nearby (i.e. location aware) Tasks. Supports location based tasks created via Siri (Reminders app).
* Actions: attach contacts or other 'action' information to tasks.
* Starred Tasks.
* Voice Notes.
* Backup & Restore: Not using a sync options? Backup and restore your effortlessly
* Share Tasks by Email, SMS or Twitter. Share and Sync Tasks with friends, family or colleagues using the 'Shared List' feature in Reminders.
* Batch Operations: Edit, Delete, Move, Tag, Share and much more
* TextExpander Support.
* Import Birthdays & Anniversaries with reminders.
* Export Task list view Email or as a CSV file attachment.
* Much, much more.
Follow us on Facebook:
Follow us on Twitter:
What's New in Version 2.8.35
NOTE: Major free update exclusively for iOS 7 coming soon.
What's new in v2.8.35:
* Bug fixes and stability improvements
* Dropbox Sync: Faster, smarter and re-written from ground up to work well with iOS 7's background sync feature
* Uses iOS 7 background sync feature to keep data in sync automatically
* iOS 7 compatibility fixes using existing UI and design
* TextExpander support for iOS 7
* URL Scheme for adding quick tasks to support apps like Launch Center Pro
* Fixed case-sensitive search issue for some European languages
* Other bug fixes and stability improvements
Elegant and functional
In the GTD/to do list app space, one is usually confronted with two mutually exclusive options. Either you get an app that is elegant OR one that is feature rich. 2Do is the rare app that gives both exceptional functionality and a delightful user experience. I believe the reason is as simple as the folder tabs on the side. These allow you to flip through your various priorities and focus areas with ease and drag-drop actions from one list to another, an action that requires several steps in most other apps. This is also one app that has effectively implemented start dates so you can easily hide tasks that shouldn't be dealt with till a future date, ensuring you are confronted only with your priority. Finally, as with some gtd apps, there isn't a forced treatment of "next actions". You simply define your tasks and then star the ones you want to do next. Not a pure gtd method but one I find to be more logical. All the other stuff you'd want is here too, and flexibly- tags (for contexts or anything else), attachments, icons for visual cues, location sensitivity, integration w toodledo, etc etc). Try it- it is awesome. I am a two year user.
Now it's perfect!!
I stumbled on 2Do about a year ago and I loved it right away. It did everything I wanted it to do, but I had problems with syncing and eventually I started using other apps to track my tasks. I was near the end of my two-week trial for the Mac version of OmniFocus when 2Do came out with the latest update, stating that they completely rewrote the sync. Excited, I decided to try it out, and it works perfectly now!!!! I'm thrilled!!!
I love 2Do because 1) it's totally flexible (you're not forced into using GTD, you can set up a system that works best for you) while also being 2) really robust, with all the features I need in a task management system, tags, colors, dynamic reoccurrence options, and projects with subtasks. And, 3) it works beautifully across all three platforms (Mac, iPad and iPhone), which is a necessity for me. Not to mention that it's reasonably priced, especially compared to OmniFocus. I highly, highly recommend this system!!!
Powerful Business Tool
I'm a DoD Contracting Officer (this is in no way a DoD endorsement) and my job day in and day out requires me to keep track of numerous projects simultaneously each comprised of countless individual tasks and objectives that have to be tracked. I've struggled keeping my sanity while trying to maintain a grasp on all I have to juggle. This app has been the ONLY one I've found that allow me to track all I've got going on across all my devices (iPhone, iPad and iMac). Everywhere I go, everything I do gets updated seamlessly which proves useful for impromptu meetings. I do wish this app had the ability to add sub tasks underneath sub tasks. My projects are deeply layered, and that feature would allow for tasks that are 4 or 5 steps to be tracked in detail. Also it would be nice if the app could track the hindsight of a project i.e. How long it really took to complete the tasks from creation. Lastly, although petty, I wish this app had a slightly more contemporary look. All in all, great app!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 11, 2013
- Version: 2.8.35
- Size: 39.5 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Korean, Mbesa, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Guided Ways Technologies Ltd
- © Guided Ways Technologies Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.