By Beehive Innovations Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** App of the Year 2015 ** - Macstories
GTD®, XYZ and everything in between - it can handle it all. Seriously.
See and believe: Youtube.com/The2DoApp
2Do lets you take a completely different approach to managing your tasks. With its extremely simple-to-use interface and a comprehensive and flexible set of powerful features, it lets you focus on what's most important to you: your life. There is no wrong way of using 2Do, and unlike other to-do apps, it won't force you in adhering to a particular task management methodology.
** NEW **
Email to 2Do: Optional plugin that allows you to integrate your email address directly with 2Do, thus allowing you to email yourself tasks from anywhere.
• “Best App Ever Awards” Winner
• Cult Of Mac - 5/5
• Gizmodo "Best app for forgetful people" - Gold Medal
• Apple - App of the week, June 2015
• Apple - Featured in “App Store Essentials”, "Great apps for iOS 8", "@Work"
• Apple - Mac App Store “Get Stuff Done”
• Apple - Mac App Store “Best of 2013”
iOS 9 Ready:
• Multi-tasking support for iPads
• Spotlight Search
• 3D Touch home screen shortcuts and task previews
• iPad Pro ready
• Stay in sync using one of the following: Dropbox, Reminders (CalDAV), Toodledo, Fruux (CalDAV), Calendar Server (CalDAV), ownCloud (CalDAV), SabreDAV (CalDAV) or a 3rd party CalDAV Server of choice.
• Using Reminders CalDAV sync enables Siri
• Periodic automatic backups are created for you (compatible with 2Do for Mac) for a rainy day.
• Automatic Push sync between devices
SIMPLE TASKS, CHECKLISTS & PROJECTS
• Create simple tasks, or checklists and projects with sub-tasks. Tasks can have notes, attachments and multiple alarms.
• Set any task to repeat using a flexible set of options.
• Assign multiple alerts
LIST GROUPS, LISTS, INBOX & SMART LISTS
• In addition to built-in Focus lists that allow you to conveniently view upcoming, starred or scheduled tasks, you can create multiple lists to manage and organize your tasks.
• Built-in support for GTD Inbox
• Smart lists let you harness the true potential of 2Do using a number of search options, filters and search pre-sets. Using Smart Lists, you can create custom views of your tasks and use them to focus-in or find frequently managed tasks.
• Control the amount of information you wish to see with a simple pinch-to-zoom gesture, from single line titles to multiple lines of titles, notes and tags.
BATCH EDITING & SHARING
• Drag & Drop support to move tasks between lists or drop on calendar to defer
• Batch tagging, starring, marking tasks done and more
• Task Sharing via AirDrop, iMessage and Email
REIMAGINED TASK EDITOR & QUICK ADD
• With focus on switching between editors effortlessly using a single tap only, you’ll save dozens of taps and swipes when editing your tasks.
• Save your thoughts as they come to you, by using Quick Add (Tap-hold on [+])
• X-callback-url support
• Manage tags from a dedicated Tags Panel
• Organize your tags within groups
• Leverage the powerful integration of Tags & Smart Lists to filter on frequently managed tasks. • Find Used vs. Unused tags
YOUR TASKS UNLIMITED
• Set a Start Date to hide tasks from a list before they're relevant and add Duration to put an estimate on the amount of time you’ll be spending on your task
• Add an action to call, write an email or message, navigate or trigger a URL Scheme right from 2Do
• Attach an image or a voice memo to your tasks
• Attach locations to tasks and get nearby alerts as you approach assigned locations
DESKTOP-CLASS IPAD APP
• Your Lists, Tasks, Daily Summary and Calendar, including Calendar Events, can all be viewed and managed from the same screen.
• Keyboard shortcuts
APPLE WATCH APP
• Get to your tasks directly from your wrist
• TextExpander support
What's New in Version 3.8.2
iOS v3.8.2 Changelog:
* NEW: A new filter added to allow you to filter in or filter out scheduled tasks (i.e. tasks scheduled with a future start date), e.g.:
type: call AND !scheduled
* IMPROVEMENT: Paused tasks are now greyed out (i.e. tasks using a paused tag)
* FIX: Tapping on the Exclamation mark to negate a search preset wasn't working on some devices
* FIX: Changing the start of week would not stick
Other minor fixes.
A flexible task manager that you can build your own productivity system on
Everyone's mental model for productivity and todo lists is different. 2Do's power is that it is flexible enough to behave in a way that works for you. If you like to think in terms of projects, daily lists, boulders and pebbles, checklists, tasks and subtasks, tags or labels, GTD, or all of the above, it's there. You can use just the features that fit you mental model. That does mean you will get out of this app what you put into it. You have to come up with your own productivity system and enter it into 2Do; 2Do won't impose a system on you. for example I have setup daily, weekly, and monthly checklists that recur as scheduled. Some negatives: no Siri dictation unless you are using Apple ID for sync (not recommended), and no API that enables extensibility - the reason for this is that 2Do stores data locally with periodic bulk sync, not a backend web service like some other task managers, such as RTM. This is good as you can always work offline, but limits features and functionality to what 2Do itself provides, vs an easy way for third party client integrations. That said, the app is actively developed and its feature set is solid.
Use 2Do app in addition to paper planner - 2 suggestions
***EDIT: Please add a way to see a full calendar view in 2Do. I appreciate the little one that comes up from thr bottom but I'm a little jealous of Fantastical's full one. It helps me get a clearer picture of what kind of tasks are coming up that I can't get with a list. ***
I am someone who needs to see things on paper, but I can't carry around my Day Designer everywhere I go. I quickly add reminders or tasks in the GTD box, organize by my categories Home/Pets/Family/Money etc then put it on paper at the end of my day. I went from AwesomeNote to Things and found that 2Do is their colorful love-child. I paid full price for the Mac version and do not regret it. I do try to use it on my laptop and iPad more than the iPhone and I have a Plus. Personally, it's just easier to use visually the bigger I can see it
Make the locations part of a task user friendly: I can't tell whether or not the new place I just added went through because 2Do is showing me a complete history- have a way to hide all this please.
Due to Evernote's increasing pressure to pay for a subscription, I need an alternate app to store site passwords or general adulting account numbers and tidbits. I wish 2Do had a way to just add a simple note (not a checklist, project, or task) to a category.
That's my schpheel. Keep the jam packed updates coming, you are doing a great job so far!
I've used virtually all of the task managers. This one is closest to OmniFocus in that it has a lot of customizability. But in my view, it is much better than OmniFocus. You can change every little thing in this app. I grew frustrated with OmniFocus because it made it really cumbersome to quickly organize tasks, even with perspectives, which I found unhelpful because the filters are so limited. In 2Do this never happens to me. Also I had like 14 Apple scripts just to make OF function. 2Do is so intuitive that I haven't needed a single script.
It also doesn't hurt that 2Do doesn't mess with you by releasing 17 different versions with 17 upgrade options for each version. How many of us paid several times because we lost track of what we already purchased? Very straightforward with this app: buy it and then pay $2 extra for email functionality. Boom - done.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 10, 2016
- Version: 3.8.2
- Size: 41.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Beehive Innovations Limited
- © 2009 - 2016 Beehive Innovations Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Email to 2Do$3.99
- Email to 2Do Plus$1.99