By Guided Ways Technologies Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
** App Store Best of 2013 **
2Do lets you take a completely different approach to managing your tasks. With its extremely simple-to-use interface and a comprehensive and flexible set of powerful features, it lets you focus on what's most important to you: your life. There is no wrong way of using 2Do, and unlike other to-do apps, it won't force you in adhering to a particular task management methodology.
UPDATED FOR YOSEMITE
• Today Widget
• Action and Share Extension
• Share tasks via Email or AirDrop
SIMPLE TASKS, CHECKLISTS & PROJECTS
• Create simple tasks, or checklists and projects with sub-tasks. Tasks can have notes, attachments and multiple alarms.
• Set any task to repeat using a flexible set of options.
LIST GROUPS, LISTS & SMART LISTS
• In addition to built-in Focus lists that allow you to conveniently view upcoming, starred or scheduled tasks, you can create multiple lists to manage and organize your tasks.
• Smart lists let you harness the true potential of 2Do using a number of search options, filters and search pre-sets. Using Smart Lists, you can create custom views of your tasks and use them to focus-in or find frequently managed tasks.
• Furthermore, related Smart lists and Lists can be grouped together using a List Group in the order you desire.
• Quickly focus on your projects and their sub-tasks and nothing else
• Access project view directly from the list view or using keyboard shortcuts
• Focus filters and sort options can be applied separately to individual projects using Project View
• Manage tags within Tag Groups.
• Easily assign tags to tasks and vice versa.
• Leverage the easy to use yet powerful integration of Tags & Smart Lists to filter on frequently managed tasks.
• Find Used vs. Unused tags with a click.
• Easily create, edit and assign locations to tasks and vice versa.
• Create powerful Smart Lists based on Locations
• Stay in sync with multiple Macs and mobile devices running 2Do using your favorite sync method: Dropbox, Reminders (CalDAV), 3rd Party CalDAV Servers (iCal, Fruux, ownCloud etc) or Toodledo.
• Using Dropbox, you can keep multiple devices in sync seamlessly. Devices can be added / removed at any time.
• Using Reminders CalDAV sync you can keep 2Do and Reminders in sync as well as create tasks using Siri.
• Unobtrusive automatic background sync supported for Dropbox, Reminders (CalDAV) and CalDAV.
• Save your thoughts as they come to you. Using a global hotkey, Quick Entry allows you to add tasks from any app or any Space.
• 2Do does it right. Quick Entry works even if 2Do was not launched or is not running in the background.
• Works just the way Quick Look does in Finder or other built-in OS X apps. Use the spacebar to zoom in and out of a task to preview notes, multi-line titles or other details attached to your tasks.
ALARMS & NOTIFICATIONS
• Stay on top of your tasks with alarms and notifications. Supports Notification Center on Mountain Lion as well as a built-in notification system which works even when 2Do is not running.
• Add multiple alarms to a single task.
• Set up automatic alarms for tasks with due dates and due times.
• Your life is a private affair. Manage it by locking out individual lists or the whole app with a single click.
• 2Do values your tasks. Periodic automatic backups are created for you which can be transferred from one machine to another or from the iOS version of 2Do to the Mac and vice versa.
• Save backups to external disks and restore from previously saved backups.
• Adding and editing tasks is blazing fast using in-place editors and popovers
• 2Do supports both mouse users, by offering them numerous little shortcuts, as well as keyboard power-users by supporting dozens of keyboard shortcuts
• 2Do has been optimized for hundreds of lists and thousands tasks, and won't slow down over time
What's New in Version 2.0
We're pleased to bring to you this major refresh of 2Do, brought to all our existing users free of cost! No strings attached! We took a lot of time and care to update every aspect of this app, all over again. We really hope you love it as much as we loved preparing it.
Everything is more fluid, refined and fresh. From the way you edit your tasks, to search, to basic usability workflows - we've taken all your incredible feedback and turned it into more lines of code and stunning pixels.
Some of the NEW features and major highlights of v2:
* New features for Yosemite: Action Extension, Sharing options (AirDrop, Message, Email etc), Share Extension, Handoff (coming soon to iOS) and an incredibly useful Today Widget that lets you assign a custom list
* Support for a GTD Inbox, as a default collection list
* Improved Task Editor and the List picker
* Improved Date picker
* Support for Durations in Dates. Set a duration along with a Due Date to cause Tasks to appear in Today sooner.
* New editor for assigning Actions (Call, Email, Visit, Browse etc).
* New editor for assigning and creating Locations
* Utility Panel with both Tags and Locations. Add and assign locations to your tasks.
* New and improved Project View. Easier to toggle between Project View and normal list view by selecting a sub-task or a project
* Overhauled Background Sync
* New and improved 3rd party CalDAV sync, including support for popular 3rd party services such as Fruux and ownCloud
* New and improved Search capabilities. The search options screen has been updated to include a visual rule-builder. Create complex searches, or manually control how you wish to join search criterias using brackets and logical AND and OR. Some examples:
type: (alltasks OR overdue OR inprogress) AND hiprio
type: (medprio OR hiprio) AND inprogress
type: ((today OR tomorrow) AND (!repeat OR inprogress)) OR starred
Also, you can combine 'type:' and 'tags:' together now:
type: (medprio OR hiprio) AND inprogress tags: (home AND work) OR errands
And of course, you can throw in locations too:
type: hiprio AND inprogress tags: home locations: diyshop OR tesco
You can also negate tag searching by prepending a tag name with !
tags: !home OR work
The possibilities are endless. Use the search presets rule-builder to create truly dynamic perspectives. No other app gives you this much power and control over your tasks.
* Improved sort bar along with new sort options
* New and improved Calendar
* New keyboard shortcuts for moving tasks, jumping to a list and more. Simply hit 'J' on the keyboard and type a few characters to quickly jump to a list or project. Select multiple tasks and hit 'M' to move.
* New and improved Font scaling
* New and powerful URL schemes. Check it out: http://goo.gl/wqxySB
* Automatic syncing of app preferences between iOS and Mac over iCloud
* New preferences and options to customize the app
* Performance improvements throughout the app
And a LOT more. We took great care to make our existing users feel right at home with this update, whilst improving every aspect of the app. Thank you for your continued support and feedback. We hope you will enjoy the update as much as we do!
I like this app but they have yet to release a Yosemite update. If you press the maximize button you are stuck in full-screen as the buttons never appear again. It has been almost a week since Yosemite was available. I have accidentally pressed the maximize button a few times and had to reinstall the app so that it did not always appear in full screen mode.
Otherwise, I really like the app. Just please release a Yosemite update!
A little late but I am upgrading my rating since I love the newest 2.0 version. There is almost nothing to not like about this app. I have tried almost every “todo” app out there and this one is the best. Keep up the good work!
I first started using 2do for iPad. Before that I tried many programs including OmniFocus, Todledo etc. Neither of them actually fit my needs. So I tried 2Do for Mac when it was released and found it half baked at that time. So I did not buy it and keep using iPad version. Recently though I came accross the version 2, tried it and got amazed. This is simply the best task management software I ever used. Simple, clean interface, well organized structure, simple sync accross the platforms… What else do I need? So from now on it is always open on my MacBookProR.
I use iCloud sync since sometimes it is simpler to use native Reminders on iPhone. No problems et al. Highly recommended. Support team is quick and friendly. Looking forward for updated iPad version.
Later: updated iOS version is great, now looking forward for updated OS X version for Yosemite.
Version 2.0 first impression. The look is great, works nice. The only request - please return the old icon, it is really better.
I am so happy the update has finally come! It looks gorgeous and not to mention it maintains the functionality that it had, stable as ever. Although I have yet to explore the new features (reading the manual), I am looking forwards to work on learning all the tricks within this application. And I have to also thank the 2do Support Team. They are much more efficient than any other support team I have encountered. They take, in my case, just a few hours to reply to your concerns; even it's a silly question! I highly recommend their creations. ^_^
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 30, 2015
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 10.8 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Guided Ways Technologies Ltd
- © Guided Ways Technologies Ltd.
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor