By Beehive Innovations Limited
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
** App Store Best of 2013 **
GTD®, XYZ and everything in between - it can handle it all. Seriously.
See and believe: YouTube.com/The2DoApp
2Do lets you take a completely different approach to managing your tasks. With its extremely simple-to-use interface and a comprehensive and flexible set of powerful features, it lets you focus on what's most important to you: your life. There is no wrong way of using 2Do, and unlike other to-do apps, it won't force you in adhering to a particular task management methodology.
• Email to 2Do plugin, available in the iOS app
SIMPLE TASKS, CHECKLISTS & PROJECTS
• Create simple tasks, or checklists and projects with sub-tasks. Tasks can have notes, attachments and multiple alarms.
• Set any task to repeat using a flexible set of options.
LIST GROUPS, LISTS & SMART LISTS
• In addition to built-in Focus lists that allow you to conveniently view upcoming, starred or scheduled tasks, you can create multiple lists to manage and organize your tasks.
• Smart lists let you harness the true potential of 2Do using a number of search options, filters and search pre-sets. Using Smart Lists, you can create custom views of your tasks and use them to focus-in or find frequently managed tasks.
• Furthermore, related Smart lists and Lists can be grouped together using a List Group in the order you desire.
• Quickly focus on your projects and their sub-tasks and nothing else
• Access project view directly from the list view or using keyboard shortcuts
• Focus filters and sort options can be applied separately to individual projects using Project View
• Manage tags within Tag Groups.
• Easily assign tags to tasks and vice versa.
• Leverage the easy to use yet powerful integration of Tags & Smart Lists to filter on frequently managed tasks.
• Find Used vs. Unused tags with a click.
• Easily create, edit and assign locations to tasks
• Create powerful Smart Lists based on Locations
• Stay in sync with multiple Macs and mobile devices running 2Do using your favorite sync method over fast and reliable Push Sync: Dropbox, Reminders (CalDAV), 3rd Party CalDAV Servers (iCal, Fruux, ownCloud etc) or Toodledo.
• Using Dropbox, you can keep multiple devices in sync seamlessly. Devices can be added / removed at any time.
• Using Reminders CalDAV sync you can keep 2Do and Reminders in sync as well as create tasks using Siri.
• Unobtrusive automatic background sync supported for Dropbox, Reminders (CalDAV) and CalDAV.
• Save your thoughts as they come to you. Using a global hotkey, Quick Entry allows you to add tasks from any app or any Space.
• 2Do does it right. Quick Entry works even if 2Do was not launched or is not running in the background.
• Works just the way Quick Look does in Finder or other built-in OS X apps. Use the spacebar to zoom in and out of a task to preview notes, multi-line titles or other details attached to your tasks.
ALARMS & NOTIFICATIONS
• Stay on top of your tasks with alarms and notifications. Supports Notification Center as well as a built-in notification system which works even when 2Do is *not running*.
• Set up automatic alarms for your tasks.
• Your life is a private affair. Manage it by locking out individual lists or the whole app with a single click.
• 2Do values your tasks. Periodic automatic backups are created for you which can be transferred from one machine to another or from the iOS version of 2Do to the Mac and vice versa.
• Save & restore of external backups
• Adding and editing tasks is blazing fast using in-place editors and popovers
• 2Do supports both mouse users, by offering them numerous shortcuts, as well as keyboard power-users by supporting dozens of keyboard shortcuts
• 2Do won't slow down over time
What's New in Version 2.3.971
* Fixed duplicate clipboard items issue
* Fixed an issue where undoing pasted entries in Quick Entry would close the window
* Big performance wins in loading and other tasks
* Ongoing stability improvements
* Quick Jump bar now allows you to toggle between Exact string matching and the new fuzzy search added to v2.3.9 (read next)
* "Jump to List / Task" feature is now more powerful. Text is now matched against any sequence of characters across words, e.g. "ops" will match "Work Projects" ('o' from Work, 'p' and 's' from Projects)
* Restored support for 10.10 Yosemite - thanks for the feedback! You know who you are :D
* Performance improvements
* The 'Today' list now celebrates being clear
* Export tasks from all lists or a individually selected lists as CSV (File > Export)
* Upgraded to the new Dropbox integration for easier authentication-flow
* A number of bugs squashed
* Stability improvements as well as better disk / memory usage
* Added Duration field to CSV exports
* Added new '2 Months' option to Auto delete completed tasks setting
Best fully-functional to-do app out there… but...
I have relied on this app for a long, long time. Every time I try another app, I come crawling back to this one. It’s got every function for tasks, and it makes you wonder why other task managers are so weak on the features. Some don’t even have due dates! Most others will charge you money for a search feature, start dates, recurring features, etc. Most lately will insist on a subscription in order to unlock what ought to be the most basic of features. I really appreciate the pay-once-and-use-it model. I also like that it synchronizes between my devices, and in using iCloud sync, I can use Siri to add tasks into 2do (although the built-in reminders app is utterly useless). My major complaint is that I can’t get these tasks anywhere on a windows machine. I use mac at home, but windows at work, and I feel forced to find another, lesser app, in order to get stuff done at work, and that’s where I most need this app! I wish there were a solution, whether a windows app, a web-browser version with the familiar interface, or something! It wouldn’t have to store my data, which I’d happily continue to store in iCloud. It would just need to read the data, and present it in a browser. I won’t mark-down the rating because this app truly deserves all 5 stars, but this one shortcoming is quite substantial and might drive an enthusiastic user into the clutches of another app instead.
2Do is the best out there
2Do is a phenomenal app. There isn’t a detail missed and the support is fantastic. I’ve been using both the iPhone and Mac apps since they were introduced, and while I’ve tried other task managers such as Things and OmniFocus, 2Do is the best. It offers the most features and the highest level of user customization. You aren’t simply forced into a pre-designed workflow. Don’t let that frighten you because it does have structure. It just allows you to tweak that structure to your liking and work the way you want and need. The user interface is also amazing, especially for the feature set that this app offers. It is truly ingenious what the developer was able to accomplish and I thank him for that. This app has made me so much more productive both at home and at work.
Almost perfect - minus constant updates
2Do has been my most used / most important app for the last several years.
My only complaint - starting a few months back, it seems every single day when I open 2Do to check my task list it asks me to update the app. It’s really annoying when I’m trying to work to constantly be prodded to download updates via pop-up menus. I wish there was an option to opt-out of being notified of updates through intrusive pop-ups in the middle of working and only have the app refresh in the background or something unless the update is critical.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 08, 2017
- Version: 2.3.971
- Size: 21.5 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Beehive Innovations Limited
- © 2009 - 2017 Beehive Innovations
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor