GTD®, XYZ and everything in between - it can handle it all. Seriously.
See and believe: YouTube.com/The2DoApp
2Do lets you take a completely different approach to managing your tasks. With its extremely simple-to-use interface and a comprehensive and flexible set of powerful features, it lets you focus on what's most important to you: your life. There is no wrong way of using 2Do, and unlike other to-do apps, it won't force you in adhering to a particular task management methodology.
• Apple - Best of 2013 Mac App Store
• Macstories - App of the Year 2015 iOS
• Cult of Mac - Best Task Manager for iOS
SIMPLE TASKS, CHECKLISTS & PROJECTS
• Create simple tasks, or checklists and projects with sub-tasks. Tasks can have notes, attachments and multiple alarms.
• Set any task to repeat using a flexible set of options.
LIST GROUPS, LISTS & SMART LISTS
• In addition to built-in Focus lists that allow you to conveniently view upcoming, starred or scheduled tasks, you can create multiple lists to manage and organize your tasks.
• Smart lists let you harness the true potential of 2Do using a number of search options, filters and search pre-sets. Using Smart Lists, you can create custom views of your tasks and use them to focus-in or find frequently managed tasks.
• Furthermore, related Smart lists and Lists can be grouped together using a List Group in the order you desire.
• Quickly focus on your projects and their sub-tasks and nothing else
• Access project view directly from the list view or using keyboard shortcuts
• Focus filters and sort options can be applied separately to individual projects using Project View
• Manage tags within Tag Groups.
• Easily assign tags to tasks and vice versa.
• Leverage the easy to use yet powerful integration of Tags & Smart Lists to filter on frequently managed tasks.
• Find Used vs. Unused tags with a click.
• Easily create, edit and assign locations to tasks
• Create powerful Smart Lists based on Locations
• Stay in sync with multiple Macs and mobile devices running 2Do using your favorite sync method over fast and reliable Push Sync: Dropbox, Reminders (CalDAV), 3rd Party CalDAV Servers (iCal, Fruux, ownCloud etc) or Toodledo.
• Using Dropbox, you can keep multiple devices in sync seamlessly. Devices can be added / removed at any time.
• Using Reminders CalDAV sync you can keep 2Do and Reminders in sync as well as create tasks using Siri.
• Unobtrusive automatic background sync supported for Dropbox, Reminders (CalDAV) and CalDAV.
• Save your thoughts as they come to you. Using a global hotkey, Quick Entry allows you to add tasks from any app or any Space.
• 2Do does it right. Quick Entry works even if 2Do was not launched or is not running in the background.
• Works just the way Quick Look does in Finder or other built-in OS X apps. Use the spacebar to zoom in and out of a task to preview notes, multi-line titles or other details attached to your tasks.
ALARMS & NOTIFICATIONS
• Stay on top of your tasks with alarms and notifications. Supports Notification Center as well as a built-in notification system which works even when 2Do is *not running*.
• Set up automatic alarms for your tasks.
• Your life is a private affair. Manage it by locking out individual lists or the whole app with a single click.
• 2Do values your tasks. Periodic automatic backups are created for you which can be transferred from one machine to another or from the iOS version of 2Do to the Mac and vice versa.
• Save & restore of external backups
• Adding and editing tasks is blazing fast using in-place editors and popovers
• 2Do supports both mouse users, by offering them numerous shortcuts, as well as keyboard power-users by supporting dozens of keyboard shortcuts
• 2Do won't slow down over time
* NEW: Batch untag ability. Remove one or more tags from multiple tasks are once.
* NEW: Create date / time is now included in the CSV export
* macOS Mojave compatibility fixes. Dark mode coming soon!
* Start time, where set, is also included in the CSV export
* When sorting by Tags, paused tasks retain their grouping under the Tag name
* Fixed a bug where pausing / unpausing tags wouldn't refresh the project list
* Improved network failure handling during sync
* Ongoing stability improvements
* NEW: Dropbox sync is now 10x to 20x faster for 75% of the use cases
* NEW: Two new search keywords for your smart lists: "created:" and "modified:". Examples:
"modified: 2 months"
"type: hiprio created: >10 days"
Ratings and Reviews
Sync is slow and unreliable
I used to be able to rely on this app - and paid a pretty penny for it! Now the MacOS version is virtually worthless as it won't update to sync with the updates I make on my iphone.
Tried others, have stuck with this one
I've tried several alternatives, including ToDo, Things, Todoist, and Todledoo. 2Do is the sweet spot, with lots of features but a great interface and Mac, iPhone, and iWatch interfaces.
I especially like the Mac app, and it makes it easy for me to enter and review items. I can certainly do this from the phone app, but the Mac app makes it fly.
The only thing I can ask for would be to have an iWatch complication that shows the number of items in the list of choice (which would of course include 2Do's excellent smart lists) and let me click to look at the list. A watch reminder is my ultimate goal so I'm not tied to looking at my phone.
(Maybe they could implement a sync to Apple's Reminders, putting whatever my chosen list is into a chosen list in Reminders. Then I could use Apple's Reminders complications. Just a thought.)
I also like the fact that 2Do is currently still a free app with an upgrade to Pro, but no subscription. Maybe they'll move to subscriptions, but subscriptions are traps.
Long time user, but not as pleased as I was.
I have been using this app for a very long time on both Mac and iOS. They should have left it alone as it is getting less useful and reliable with each "upgrade". May start looking for an alternative.
1) Confusing interface that makes it hard to create new tasks.
2) Tasks fail to sync between iOS and Mac.
3) Repeated tasks just disappear.
- Beehive Innovations Services
- 31.5 MB
- OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, Catalan, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2009 - 2018 Beehive Innovations
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.