This app is actively developed by an FX TD (Visual Effects Technical Director), aiming to allow fast and no-brainer preparing 360° images for producing HDRI images efficiently with Theta S, Theta SC or Theta V. Images taken need to be exported to another app or on computer to merge them into the .hdr or the .exr file. There are lots of options to do that, it is suggested to use Photomatrix, PT Gui, Photoshop or Lightroom with plugin.
1. Automatically Shooting Multiple 360° Images For HDRI.
2. Shoot Backplates with phone camera, and organize files efficiently
3. Automatically calculate exposure settings, allowing to cover wide EV range (this app is now capable shooting up to ± 9.0 EV range). This means you will not need to struggle with ISO or Shutter Speed Setting anymore with this app.
4. Automatically Download Images just shot or afterwards with file name changed to be meaningful.
5. Comprehensive logging functions to allow TD working without pressure on set. Allowing Thumbnails, Comments, image file inspection etc.
6. Comprehensive tutorial included.
7. Connection, Theta Battery and Capacity Indicator.
8. Now this app can shoot endlessly for those need no-brainer keep shooting set recorded.
9. A denoise shooting mode allows shooting with same parameter 6 times for each ev configuration, so you can utilize denoise functions in post production software.
1.This app requires you upgrade Theta S to at least firmware version 1.82, by the RICOH provided app here https://theta360.com/en/support/download/firmware/s/. A tutorial on how to upgrade is here https://theta360.com/en/support/manual/s/content/pc/pc_09.html
2. This app is also working with Theta SC, according to an enthusiastic customer, thank you. And it should work with the brand new Theta V too.
Last Edit, 2017-09-14, By Jianming Guo
1. Added Exposure Middle Point Shifting feature. When your result middle image is little dark or bright, you can adjust the EV Mid setting now, to shift entire HDR bracket sequence's Shutter Speed and ISO settings accordingly. To preserve more details in very dark or very bright situation.
2. Now DISCONNECT button is clickable, it can immediately connects to Theta device once wifi is set manually.
3. Fix a bug on device initialization
4. Fix a bug on thumbnail image could belong to non EV 0 image.
The preview function on iOS version is broken for now, due to iOS uses a different way to handle stream data. Developer is acknowledged to this issue, however require more work on that. Thanks to enthusiastic customer point that out. WORKAROUND: In fact except the extreme shooting conditions, you will never need to worry about this, since it comes from the device's auto exposure, which should be always right, if it's not, that means it touches the hardware limitation. But if you want, you can always check the EV 0 result's thumbnail in the log panel, if the exposure on thumbnail looks wrong, adjust the EV Mid Point and do it again. A trick is for example, in a very bright condition, stick with the -2 EV Mid Point setting, to cover more details in the bracket sequence. Vice versa, if condition is too dark, simply set 2 EV Mid Point.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.