By Basecamp, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This official Campfire app lets you use Campfire - the group chat tool from 37signals - right on your iPhone.
NOTE: This app requires a 37signals Campfire account.
What is Campfire?:
Campfire is a group chat tool that lets you set up password-protected chat rooms in just seconds. Invite a client, colleague, or vendor to chat, collaborate, and make decisions.
Campfire is better than IM:
Instant messaging is great for one-on-one chats, but it’s not ideal for groups of three or more. Further, if you are on AIM and your co-worker is on MSN you can’t chat. Campfire is network-agnostic and optimized for teams and groups.
• Multiple Accounts
• Unlimited chat rooms: access to all your Campfire rooms
• Live image previews right within the chat room
• Inline viewing of popular file formats, Excel, Word, Powerpoint...
• Ability to quickly toggle between chat rooms
• Works with Free and Paid Campfire accounts
• Landscape support
• Upload photos
• See the participants in the room
• See and set the room topic
• Individual room preferences for message notifications
• SSL accounts are fully supported
Campfire™ is a trademark of 37signals, LLC.
(Note: This app was formerly called "Ember")
What's New in Version 1.1.5
Updated support email
Works nicely, however it would be great if you could receive push notifications when inside a chat room and the phone is in standby. Right now it only works when the phone is on and you have the app open.
I wish the app would have Push notifications. The app comes with that feature but for some reason doesn't work...
Would be a 5 star rating if I could log into the app, toss my phone in my pocket and get notifications when some one posts something.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 05, 2014
- Version: 1.1.5
- Size: 2.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Basecamp, LLC
- ©2014 Basecamp, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.