Brain and Nervous Anatomy Atlas: Essential Reference for Students and Healthcare Professionals
By Visible Body
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Brain and Nervous Anatomy Atlas is a quick visual reference on nervous system anatomy, physiology, and common pathologies. This iPhone/iPad app includes hundreds of 3D models, animations, and illustrations.
This app is ideal for professional reference and as a tool for patient education on topics including the central nervous system, somatic nerves, brain, muscle contraction, vision, and hearing.
Content in this app includes:
(1) Animations and illustrations.
(2) Dozens of 3D models of nervous structures, along with a limited number of models from other body systems.
(3) Definitions and pronunciations for over 1,000 anatomical structures of the nervous system.
(4) Descriptions of more than 25 common diseases.
What you can do with this app:
(1) See structures of the nervous system in 3D. Study any structure’s name and pronunciation, or read about its function and common diseases.
(2) Quick access to 24 preset views. Customize these views by adding or dissecting any nervous structures. Save or share views.
(3) Test your knowledge: Take quizzes with over 100 quiz questions that review nervous structures.
Here is a list of all the content in Brain and Nervous Anatomy Atlas:
Somatic Reflex arc
Somatic and Autonomic Functions
Skeletal Muscle Contractions
Muscle Contraction action potential
Somatic sensory and motor pathways
Sympathetic nervous system
Parasympathetic nervous system
3D Nervous system Structures:
Over 1,000 structures including
Cranial nerves (CN01-CN12)
Cervical nerves (C1-C6)
Thoracic nerves (T1-T12)
Lumbar Plexus (L1- L5)
Sacral Plexus (S1-S4)
Superior mesenteric plexus
Inferior mesenteric plexus
What's New in Version 6.1.05
* Fixed a bug where audio wasn't playing on some devices running iOS 9.
I really like this apps ability to visualize brain structures in 3d. Easy to navigate, zoom, rotate, etc. This is night and day compared to looking at slices and trying to reconstruct what the true 3 dimensional structures of the brain look like.
What would really make this a world class app would be perhaps an "plus version" that contains increasing details as you zoom into structures. These smaller structures could have different shades of the original structure's color. Detailed descriptions with known diseases once selected and this could be an app for every anatomy student and doctor who needs to understand the brain around the world. Throw in the various tracks in the brainstem and ability to digitally slice the brain from whatever angle or location you want and this will be the new standard for medical education worldwide.
I love the ease of use and massive amount of information accessible in this app, yet the weakness is in details and functional graphics related to things like vestibular nerve. It's good and very useful, but I'd like to see more detail.
Excellent Basic Anatomy
Great app for many uses.
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Nov 23, 2015
- Version: 6.1.05
- Size: 693 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Seller: Argosy Publishing
- © Argosy Publishing, Inc., 2007–2014. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.