Brain and Nervous Anatomy Atlas: Essential Reference for Students and Healthcare Professionals
By Visible Body
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Brain and Nervous Anatomy Atlas is a quick visual reference on nervous system anatomy, physiology, and common pathologies. This iPhone/iPad app includes hundreds of 3D models, animations, and illustrations.
This app is ideal for professional reference and as a tool for patient education on topics including the central nervous system, somatic nerves, brain, muscle contraction, vision, and hearing.
Content in this app includes:
(1) Animations and illustrations.
(2) Dozens of 3D models of nervous structures, along with a limited number of models from other body systems.
(3) Definitions and pronunciations for over 1,000 anatomical structures of the nervous system.
(4) Descriptions of more than 25 common diseases.
What you can do with this app:
(1) See structures of the nervous system in 3D. Study any structure’s name and pronunciation, or read about its function and common diseases.
(2) Quick access to 24 preset views. Customize these views by adding or dissecting any nervous structures. Save or share views.
(3) Test your knowledge: Take quizzes with over 100 quiz questions that review nervous structures.
Here is a list of all the content in Brain and Nervous Anatomy Atlas:
Somatic Reflex arc
Somatic and Autonomic Functions
Skeletal Muscle Contractions
Muscle Contraction action potential
Somatic sensory and motor pathways
Sympathetic nervous system
Parasympathetic nervous system
3D Nervous system Structures:
Over 1,000 structures including
Cranial nerves (CN01-CN12)
Cervical nerves (C1-C6)
Thoracic nerves (T1-T12)
Lumbar Plexus (L1- L5)
Sacral Plexus (S1-S4)
Superior mesenteric plexus
Inferior mesenteric plexus
What's New in Version 6.0.11
Everything! This app has been completely redone and now works on your iPad and iPhone. Other great additions: All new nervous system anatomy 3D models, more animations, and the option to create and save custom views.
Good medical educational app. Very useful medical app for medical students and others related to medical field. This app has very good 3d images very helpful to get good spatial orientation at early years of medical school. Being a radiology resident I would also recommend this to all first year residents and those who are interested in radiology, this is a good one for quick revision, the 3d images aren't given better anywhere else I believe.
Lacks detail - just at the thalamus and brain stem
Students must use this app with caution. Graphics are good quality, however learning neuroanatomy its all about attention to detail. The thalamus, one of the most important structures of the nervous system, is not represented accurately. The thalamus is included as past of the mesencephalon under brainstem illustrations. I suggest for this app to be revised and updated by neuroscientists.
Nothing more perfect
One more perfect and professional app from visible body. This is such an amazing and unbelievable app. The illustrations are super clear and the explanation is so detail. So valuable to those who concern to medical
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Dec 03, 2014
- Version: 6.0.11
- Size: 458 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Seller: Argosy Publishing
- © Argosy Publishing, Inc., 2007–2014. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.