By Juicy Bits
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
CREATE 3D IMAGES WITH PHOTOS FROM ANY DIGITAL CAMERA. NO GLASSES REQUIRED (BUT IT'S MUCH COOLER IF YOU HAVE THEM).
Rated 4.5 out of 5 by Macworld - "3D Camera does its job and does it well"
Watch our 4-minute video tour:
Create your own 3D photos and easily share them with friends on Facebook and Twitter. First, take left and right photos with the built-in camera or choose two images from your iPhone or iPod touch photo album. Then, view your 3D photo as a grey or color anaglyph (using common red/cyan 3D glasses), a stereogram (no glasses required), or as a wigglegram for a simulated 3D effect. Finally, send your 3D photo to your friends on Facebook and Twitter. It's as simple as that!
- Enhanced camera that makes it easy to take two side-by-side photos
- Three different camera alignment modes
- Ability to send 3D photos to Facebook, Twitter, and e-mail
- Wirelessly transmit images to 3D Camera Studio for iPad
- Use flash and the front camera (on supported devices)
- Simple touch interface to realign and reposition images
- Magnification loupe for more accurate alignment
- Automatic cropping of re-aligned images
- Grey and color anaglyph creation
- Parallel and cross-eyed stereogram support for photos that don't require 3D glasses
- Wigglegram mode for a fun, simulated 3D effect
- Integrated instruction screen with "More" button to access an online video tour and additional documentation
- Button to swap the original photos
- App setting to choose the working image size (100%, 75%, 50%, 25%)
- App setting to enable/disable automatic saving of camera photos
- App setting to automatically boost saturation and brightness of Color and Grey anaglyphs
- App setting to control the size of stereogram borders (and to eliminate them)
- App setting to enable/disable stereogram alignment dots
- App setting to limit the maximum Twitter image dimensions (1024, 800, 640)
- App setting to select the color anaglyph method (full color, half color, optimized, red/blue, and Dubois)
- App setting to bypass the introduction screen
Please do not leave bug reports in iTunes Reviews of 3D Camera as we are unable to respond directly to offer help or properly debug the situation. You can contact us directly at:
What's New in Version 1.8.1
+ Fixed image alignment issue when running on iOS 8
+ Added ability to save animated GIF images to the photo library (huge user request)
+ Fixed Flickr upload bug
+ Other performance improvements and bug fixes
If you have a moment, we’d really appreciate it if you could rate 3D Camera or drop us an e-mail to let us know what you think of the app. Thanks!
Something good coming at ya, mostly.
Functional incremental stereo capture application that falls short on a few things. The best thing about the application is being able to use the front camera for 3D selfies. However the lack of a "volume shutter button" seems odd to me as you cannot take a photo unless you can hold and snap with one hand.
Anaglyph format renderings are glaringly too bright with no visible means of adjusting them, and no automatic alignment option which would save time from having to do it manually. For $2 I guess it can't be perfect but the potential for this application is great, it would just be nice to see this on steroids or something. :-/
Only 2 complaints so far: 1) the tap-to-focus doesn't work in the in-app camera 2) you can't use the "ghost view" to line up the second shot for a landscape orientation picture. For some reason the picture gets rotated 90 degrees before being displayed. As long as you are doing portrait orientation, it works like a charm.
The work-around is to use the Apple camera app, then load the two pictures. You can align them in this app. This approach doesn't give you any help to align the pictures when you are taking them.
I could wish it were faster at letting me take the second picture as well.
Totally worth it
Not only can I take brand new stereoscopic images with ease using this straightforward app, but I've been able to turn older photos of mine into stereoscopic versions with ease as well.
I've also taken screenshots from my own videos at slightly differing intervals in the middle of a horizontal pan, for perfect stereoscopic stills of video for 3D immersion.
This app is a serious asset in my new obsession with google cardboard and 3D photography altogether
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Oct 10, 2014
- Version: 1.8.1
- Size: 2.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Juicy Bits
- © 2013 Juicy Bits
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.