Play Chess against the computer, in 3D! It feels like playing on a real chessboard and supports human vs computer, computer vs computer, human vs human.
- 25 different level carefully tweaked to challenge you gradually while you progress
- Pit different A.I. levels against each other and watch!
- Realistic 3D models, animations and sound effects
- Examine any game back and forth, move by move! Edit, resume etc.
- Customizable chess set and chessboard colors (including metal effect!)
- Option to hide valid moves markers, last move trail markers and thinking A.I. markers
- Play in normal mode or timed mode
- Track your progress with statistics
- Never played Chess before? Quick start tutorial included!
- No in-app purchases, not a demo, no locked options!
This update fixes occasional crashes on exit, on iPhone X. It also fixes help screen visuals and other minor glitches
Ratings and Reviews
This app is great and great way to spend some free time and relax but one thing thats missing is the graphics. At First the double Checkers piece really bugged me since i prefer flipping it to the other side where the king symbol is on, but I kinda got used to this still if possible i wish you guys could give more options and stuff not really much to the game. If you can add some kind of Options/ settings menu for the chess game and checkers game that would be great. It could have multiple uses like audio settings if you will ever add background music (or allow us to play our own music) maybe not though seeing is these are chess and checkers. It could also have a display settings that could be where you change the color of the pieces and chessboard and background (yes I know those options already exist I'm saying to move them into a display settings category) Also if we could get sky or more lively backgrounds or at least let us at our own from camera roll. Then finally a gameplay setting that can adjust the game rules like difficulty and other stuff to make it more exciting or challenging or easier for us.
P.S. Of all these settings one i'm looking forward to the most is more lively backgrounds or at least the option to add our own. So If your not going to add a settings/ options menu At least at these options to the game.
An honest review
I have played this game hundreds of times (and I mean literally-hundreds of times) and I absolutely love, love,love the game-(which is why I've been able to play it hundreds of times). I'm currently at level 15 (and after going through the hard matches of level 14-level 15 seems easier). My only criticism of this game is that there are times when it doesn't seem to know what constitutes a draw and there are other times when it will just (out of the blue) say 'white wins' or 'black wins' without the game even being over-leaving you scratching your head like 'huh'? Anyhow-that's my only problem with the game and I'm hoping the techs work that one out because other than that-I think the game is almost perfect.
About 6 months ago, I discovered this app and it was great! A few months into playing it though, and the back, forward and reset buttons became sluggish and unresponsive. I’d have to hold them down for 2 or 3 seconds before they’d respond. I deleted the app and tried again but it’s still the same. Maybe that’s just the way it’s designed to discourage bad moves, I don’t know, just know it didn’t used to do that.
Anyway, still the best free chess game I’ve come across!
- A Trillion Games Ltd
- 16.2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © A Trillion Games Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.