3D HPLC is an interactive app demonstrating simple and advanced concepts in High Performance Liquid Chromatography. This app is great for any student studying chromatography at high school or college level.
The app has the following features:
- two camera views: lateral view and inside column view
- pinch to zoom allowing user to get close to the separation mechanism to see how it works in 3D
- user-controlled injection of sample mixture of molecules
- user-controlled flow in the HPLC column
- interaction of the molecules with the yellow particles (stationary phase) can be controlled through sliders - retention
- control of the number of particles in the column (through a slider bar)
- clearly demonstrates the concept of separation by allowing user to change retention (via slider bar) for each of the molecules
- clearly demonstrates the concept of band broadening in HPLC with built in longitudinal diffusion and mass transfer effects
- advanced concept of selectivity can be demonstrated by changing retention for each of the molecules as they travel through the column
minor bug fix
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.