This app is a unique photo viewer for the iPhone with color sorting and a powerful 3D interface! It has been shown in scientific studies that this interface allows you to find desired pictures significantly faster than the default 2D grid photo browser. It can show many more photos at a glance and uses an intuitive wipe-to-rotate interaction (also works with device tilt).
The color sorting allows you to get a better overview of your collection and to easily find a desired picture by its color. Moreover, it also allows you to find duplicate pictures and to delete one of them. You can share photos, email them, or open them in an external app.
Additionally, you can:
- select the albums to be presented,
- flexibly configure the look of the interface (e.g., how many rings, how many rows per ring, how many pics per ring, with gap or not, etc.),
- enable automatic rotation of the ring (for presentation),
- inspect EXIF meta-data of a picture (in fullscreen mode)
Please note: This is the iPhone version, please use "3D Photo Ring HD" for iPad!
iPhone X support.
Ratings and Reviews
Best Photo Viewer
I’ve enjoyed using this image viewer for several years. The ring reflection on the black background makes it look bright and stunning, it’s easy to use and consistently smooth. I like the option to view photo albums as rings, too.
The ring also works great a cleanup / duplicate deletion tool, as it offers a unique birds-eye view of image collections. Selecting the best (or worst) from say, a dozen or so other very similar images is much faster & easier than repeatedly comparing a single image to 1 or 2 other very similar images.
Thank you for providing and for continuing to update this treasured and so useful app that is such a treat to look at and to use!
Thank you very much for this motivating review - it is great for us to hear that!
Really original and useful!! :)
I'm working with an iPhone 7+, and the app runs pretty smoothly.
I love that I can see more pictures at a time, and the color sorting feature really helps me spot a picture I have in mind way faster that scrolling through the standard time-sorted 2D. This is a really innovating concept!
I'm very excited to see what future versions will do! :)
1) 128gb iPhone & it can't handle 2700 photos. It crashes. 2) Photos are distorted in the ring. 3) "Settings" can't fix the distortion which makes a 4/3 image distort to a 16/9 image (elongated). 4) Double tapping the image does not open the image. 5) Ring looks nothing like the perfect ring in the "sales pitch". 6) Love the concept but why spend $2.00 on a concept that doesn't do what it says it will do. 7) If there are solutions to any of these issues why are they not listed in the "help" section.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.