Respiratory Anatomy Atlas: Essential Reference for Students and Healthcare Professionals
By Visible Body
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Respiratory Anatomy Atlas is a quick visual reference on respiratory anatomy, physiology, and common pathologies. This iPhone/iPad app includes dozens of 3D models, animations, and illustrations.
This app is ideal for professional reference and as a tool for patient education on topics including breathing, swallowing, speaking, asthma, COPD, and sinusitis.
Content in this app includes:
(1) Animations and illustrations
(2) Dozens of 3D models of respiratory structures, along with a limited number of models from other body systems.
(3) Definitions and pronunciations for over 50 anatomical structures of the respiratory system.
(4) Descriptions of 20 common diseases.
What you can do with this app:
(1) See structures of the respiratory system in 3D. Study any structure’s name and pronunciation, or read about its function and common diseases.
(2) Quick access to 24 preset views. Customize these views by adding or dissecting any respiratory structures. Save or share views.
(3) Test your knowledge: Take quizzes with over 100 quiz questions that review respiratory structures.
Here is a list of all the content in Respiratory Anatomy Atlas:
Nasal cavity mucosa
Full respiratory system
Upper respiratory system
Lower respiratory system
3D Respiratory Structures:
Piriform sinus (fossa)
Vestibule of larynx
Eustachian tube, R
Nasal conchae (turbinates), inferior (lower)
Nasal conchae (turbinates), middle
Nasal conchae (turbinates), superior (upper)
Eustachian tube, L
Ventricles of larynx
Vestibular folds (false vocal cords)
Vocal folds (true vocal cords)
Paranasal sinuses (membranes)
Ethmoid sinuses, anterior group (membranes)
Maxillary sinuses (membranes)
Ethmoid sinuses, middle group (membranes)
Ethmoid sinuses, posterior group (membranes)
Sphenoid sinuses (membranes)
Frontal sinuses (membranes)
Tracheal cartilaginous rings
Bronchi and subdivisions, R
Primary cartilaginous rings, R
Primary bronchus, R
Tertiary (segmental) bronchi, R
Secondary (lobar) bronchi, R
Higher order branches and bronchioles, R
Secondary cartilaginous rings, R
Bronchi and subdivisions, L
Primary cartilaginous rings, L
Primary bronchus, L
Higher order branches and bronchioles, L
Secondary (lobar) bronchi, L
Tertiary (segmental) bronchi, L
Secondary cartilaginous rings, L
Middle lobe, R
Inferior lobe, R
Horizontal fissure, R9
Superior lobe, R
Root (hilum) of lung, R
Oblique fissure, R
Oblique fissure, L
Inferior lobe, L
Root (hilum) of lung, L
What's New in Version 6.0.09
Everything! This app has been completely redone and now works on your iPad and iPhone. Other great additions: All new respiratory anatomy 3D models, more animations, and the option to create and save custom views.
I never thought an super professional app like this could be on store. This app is so expert and cool to think of. The images and syntax are so clear and interesting. Very valuable to medical students
Respiratory Anatomy Atlas
I recommended this to my brother and now he is in love with the whole pack of apps. He has tried them all and is happy!
The app is good and the graphics are simply amazing. The user interface us nice and I have learned a lot about the respiratory system. Good app
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Dec 03, 2014
- Version: 6.0.09
- Size: 365 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Seller: Argosy Publishing
- © Argosy Publishing, Inc., 2007–2014. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.