3D Storybook - The Wrong Side of the Bed in 3D!
By See Here Studios LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ON SALE for the first time for just 99 cents!!! LIMITED TIME SALE in support of National Autism Awareness Month!
Selected as one of the 10 Best Children's Book Apps by Kirkus Reviews, iPhoneLife & Babble.com *** Featured in CNET, The New York Times & Huffington Post ***
"For readers still unconvinced that the features of the iPad can translate printed children's books into full-blown multimedia experiences, this one will change your point of view." - Kirkus Reviews, recipient of a starred review for books of remarkable merit
"The illustrations in the book are a ton of fun and you can see them in either 2D or 3D. When you read the story in 3D the illustrations really come to life and pop right out at you." - The iPhone Mom
Written for ages 4 and up!
What happens when you wake up on the wrong side of the bed? You see the world in a different light or, in little Mott Turner's case, from the ceiling! Imagine how kids can identify with little Mott, who wakes confused and irritable one morning, only to find himself in one upside-down misadventure after another, until finally he is right side up and once again, level-headed.
The moral of the story: It helps to be in the right frame of mind before you get out of bed!
- Viewable in both 2D and 3D. The 2D book can be turned "upside down" for a funny new perspective. Kids love seeing little Mott on the ceiling!
- Interactive touch spots! Tickle Mott on each page to bring him to life.
- Includes audio options for "read to me" (read by the author) or "read myself" when parents and children would like to read at their own pace.
- Animated mini-movies, music and sound effects provide a rich multimedia reading experience.
- Includes Auto-play feature for automatic page turning.
- Easily order inexpensive 3D glasses from within the app.
Please note that red/cyan 3D glasses are needed for viewing the stereoscopic 3D version. 3D glasses from the movie theater will not work, since they use a different technology incompatible with the iPad's screen. Red/cyan 3D glasses can be easily purchased via a link in the app or at most comic book stores.
"There are several qualities that make this book remarkably special. To start, the illustrations, narration, and soundtrack are masterfully created for the iPad platform." - GiggleApps
Explore other captivating children's book apps from See Here Studios:
- The Tortoise and the Hare: REMATCH! - A retelling of the classic fable that answers the question: What happens AFTER the Tortoise and the Hare's famous race?
- Fam Bam: Got To Have Music - A musical story featuring celebrity vocals by Brandy, Ray J, Sonja and Willie Norwood.
- The Three Pandas - A modern reinterpretation of "Goldilocks and the Three Bears," transported to the bamboo forest and the home of three adorable panda bears.
- Twinkle Twinkle - A Twinkle Twinkle Little Star storybook & music video developed with educational favorites Super Simple Learning.
- Snow Globes 3D! - A holiday activity book viewable in both 3D & 2D, featuring interactive physics-driven snowflakes that move with the tilt of the iPad.
If for any reason the app does not work properly on first launch, please restart your device by holding down the "Home" (circular) button and pressing the button on the upper right side simultaneously. The device will prompt to be powered off. Then, press the button on the upper right side again to restart the device. This should solve the issue.
Need Help? Contact us 24/7 for customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See Here Studios is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: 4-7
Categories: Book, Reading
What's New in Version 3.5
- Fixed icon bug for the new iPad
- Thank you for your reviews and feedback!
Such a delightful story!
I must say that after going through this app in 2D, that I find myself wanting to get 3D glasses to enjoy it all over again. What I like about this book is that it can be enjoyed 2 different ways (well 3, if you count the 3D version). We got to enjoy the book about poor little Mott and his upside down day and then turned it over and enjoyed all the illustrations right side up. How fun! The music and sound effects are especially enjoyable and really add to the charm of this book. Now my son knows what it means to get out on the 'wrong' side of the bed. This adorable book is definitely recommended.
Technology meets Literacy!
My first graders love imagining What If? scenarios. So they were very excited to read/listen to this story of what would happen if they woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Not only did they enjoy the story but many were even inspired to write what happened if they woke up on the wrong side of bed.
As a class, we loved the plot and the illustrations. One student felt it was a "cartoon and book all rolled up into one"! But we couldn't agree if we preferred it in 2-D or in 3-D using the 3-D glasses. (I preferred it ,along with the majority of the class, in 3-D using the 3-D glasses).
Overall, we recommend this app!
My kids all enjoyed this in 2-d, grat to talk with them after. This book worked for all 3 of my kids and they were interested in to see what was going to happen next. The 3-d glasses made it more fun. My daughter was giggling alot. My youngest 7 and the older two with special needs are 9 and 17. This app can be used as a way to teach basic directionaal words like up and down left and right. We did also discuss whats wrong in the picture. All around great app, multi purpose in my home!
- Category: Books
- Updated: Apr 02, 2012
- Version: 3.5
- Size: 124 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: See Here Studios LLC
- © 2010 See Here Studios LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.