3D Yoga Anatomy is a tool for students and teachers that ventures beyond the basic shapes of the poses, illustrating the effective forces that bring these poses to life.
• 40 essential poses with variations
• 360º view of all poses!
• Instructions for entering and deepening the poses
• Illustrations of muscle actions
• "Full 3D" feature allows 3D viewing of all 40 poses. "Full 3D" is available as an in-app purchase.
Some of the concepts discussed include: “Foundation”, “How long to stay in Asanas?”, “Flexibility vs. Range of Motion”, “Synergy”, as well as “Safety” and much more. A dedicated section of the app deals with deep muscles such as the Iliopsoas and the Rhomboids.
learn more at: yogaanatomyapp.com
or try it for free under “Related” above.
• bug fixes & compatibility improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Fantastic app, except
I have been a yoga practitioner for 45 yrs and a yoga teacher for over 11 yrs. The instructions are very good, easy to understand. I like that the key muscles of each pose are color-coded. The 3-D really brings the poses to life. However, it took several tries to download the 3-D upgrade onto my iPhone 6s, which has the latest software update. I've lost count on how many attempts to download it to my iPad Pro. Couldn't get support either -- was sent to their Facebook page with no way to contact. So I'm taking away 1 star for this amazing app. Otherwise, I'm very impressed with it. Recommend.
Ok app, terrible support
As a yoga teacher, this app provides some key poses, but lacks many other significant poses that are taught. I upgraded to the 3D version, an extra $4.99 which I thought was pretty good. However, after numerous attempts of clicking on the 3D button and being taken to the purchase screen, which I’d already purchased! I’m finally giving up, and will contact apple and get a refund. It’s a joke, there is no contact on the app info. There’s a website you can go to, but don’t waste your time, they never bother contacting you.
If you’re going to release an app, then at least have the decency to have a contact support email etc. so people can resolve issues. Not impressed, terrible quality service!
When we can see in moving 3D and understand all the muscles involved in a particular posture, we do the posture better. People who are taking yoga for specific purposes -- for example, strengthening a certain body part, or correcting a particular problem -- could use this feature to great benefit.
I had to download the full 3-D in-app purchase three times before it installed properly. But, what a great feature, once it finally installed itself.
Thanks for the great review! I’m glad you enjoy the 3D feature. I’m sorry you’re having this issue. Could you tell me what device and iOS version you’re running? Thanks!
- Body Culture, LLC
- 1 GB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2016 Body Culture, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Full 3D - 40 Pose Bundle $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.