By Christoph Nowak
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Pure fun! In particular, the savvy computer opponent is a real challenge..." --- jensjaeger.com
"Nobody needs the real board game - very cool in pairs via Bluetooth for train rides!" --- nszombieenabled.net
"Pure nostalgia! You'll feel carried back to the 80s while playing." --- Carmelo DeMarco
The purpose of this well-known classic game is to be the first to place 4 game pieces of the same color vertically, horizontally or diagonally in a row side by side.
- Game modes: 1 player vs. computer, 2 players against each other (on the same device) or 2 players against each other via Bluetooth (on separate devices)
- Extremely sophisticated computer opponent!
- 5 different computer skill levels from "Beginner" to "Very hard"
- Bluetooth game mode
- Undo of moves (not available via Bluetooth)
- Entertaining animations with great, astonishing sound effects
- Real "look & feel" of the well-known classic game
- Nice background music
- Retina display support for razor-sharp graphics
- "Universal App", buy once and get specially optimized graphics for all devices (iPod touch, iPhone and Ipad)
- Translated to english, german and french
- Screencasts (http://www.youtube.com/user/NowisOMS)
- Completely ad-free
You can drop a game piece, by touching it or by wiping down in the desired column. To undo moves, you can either "wipe" the game pieces up the board to the top or use the undo-button.
Settings as for example the computer level or the play mode can be changed by tapping the settings-button (on the bottom left).
In order to start a new game you have to touch the play-button (on the middle left).
To begin a Bluetooth game, you must tap (and your opponent on his own device) on the Bluetooth button (on the right below) and follow the instructions.
What's New in Version 1.1
- Improved Bluetooth Dialog
- Beginner skill level simplified
- Fixed a Bug related to saving the skill level
- Transparency of the menu buttons changed
No longer Works
This is the best Connect Four game I've seen but it no longer works with update. I have it on more than one device and it's the same thing. Fix this problem and I will change my review.
Does not work at all
Connect4 doesn't work since they updated it. A complete waste. I will do another review if they ever fix it but often times these companies just don't want to bother.
Hard therefore FUN
Though to be the ipad..