4th Grade Reading Comprehension Prep
By Peekaboo Studios LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
It's never too early to improve your reading skills!
4th Grade Reading Comprehension Prep was designed for the classroom, as well as the student and family looking for an advantage in solidifying their reading and understanding skills:
- Perfect for classroom use!
- Study anywhere and learn at your own pace
- Specifically appropriate content chosen at the 4th grade level
- Read through a range of different stories and test your comprehension with a variety of questions about the selected passages
- This collection of original stories was written specifically for this app
- Each passage and question set takes approximately 5-8 minutes to complete
- Mix of fiction and non-fiction selections
- Works well in classrooms for independent study time
- Email student results and track their progress
- Increase your reading comprehension and your scores!
* No In-App Purchase required, all content is included *
Aligned with CCSS - Common Core State Standards for 4th Grade:
- Determine the main idea of a text and explain how it is supported by key details
- Explain events, procedures, ideas, or concepts in a historical or scientific text, including what happened and why, based on specific information in the text
- Determine the meaning of general academic and domain-specific words and phrases in a text relevant to a grade 4 topic or subject area
- Read with sufficient accuracy and fluency to support comprehension
- Read on-level text with purpose and understanding
Teachers and parents - have your students email their scores from this app's assessment as a way to provide extra credit for improvement in their reading skills.
"I'm very impressed. Keep me updated when you get the 5th and 6th grade apps completed. Do all of them involve history? Since I homeschool, having the history with the reading is a great addition to a homeschool curriculum." - Nancy Daniels
THANKS! Yes, we've tried to include some history/non-fiction in each grade level.
More user feedback:
"I like how it highlights where the answer was in the passage when you pick your answer." - Kami Butterfield, teacher
"The selections are age appropriate and the responses to the questions are not too easy - some thought needs to go into it." - Mary Skummer, teacher
"The feature showing where the answer is located in the passage is a spot on tool since I ask my students to be able to provide this in their oral and written responses." - Harold Nelson, teacher
"Great for reading practice - I would highly recommend it."
"This app helped me in my reading. Now I have an A+. I am very happy I did this app."
We love to hear from you!
Please send any feedback or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
*With practice you can achieve your best score!*
Peekaboo Studios is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: 8-10
Categories: Reading, Vocabulary
What's New in Version 2.0
- Universal support, play on your iPad or an iPhone/iPod Touch
- 10 new stories at the 4th Grade level
- Enter as many student names as you need
- Track student progress and review their scores
Please update your review and let us know what you think!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: May 13, 2015
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 13.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Peekaboo Studios LLC
- © 2015 Peekaboo Studios
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.