The most advanced vocabulary learning tool in the App Store!
4th Grade Vocabulary Prep was designed to improve vocabulary skills in the classroom and at home:
• Click to listen to a pronunciation of each word, its meaning, and a sample sentence
• Study hundreds of vocabulary words at your own pace with guided step-by-step learning
• Specifically appropriate content chosen at the 4th grade level
• Students can read through words and definitions as many times as they need for review
• Word and definition quizzes are used to reinforce learning, ensuring that students understand each word in a section before they continue
• When they're ready, students can take the test to move on to the next level (they'll need to get at least 90% correct to advance)
"Best vocabulary app we have found. I was surprised how quickly my daughter learned all the words."
"Love it! Very useful for tracking ones children's vocabulary learning progress."
> No In-App Purchase required, all content is included!
Aligned with CCSS - Common Core State Standards for 4th Grade:
• Acquire grade-appropriate conversational, general academic, and domain-specific words
• Determine the meaning of words and phrases in a text relevant to a grade 4 topic or subject area
• Use sentence-level context as a clue to the meaning of a word or phrase
• Read with sufficient accuracy and fluency to support comprehension
• Read on-level text with purpose and understanding
• Students can click each word, its meaning, and a sample sentence to listen to the audio as often as needed
• Students will be able to listen to each of the available answers in tests and quizzes before selecting their choice
• Students are congratulated on a job well done, or will hear the example sentence repeated as a reminder if they answer incorrectly
• Enter as many student names as you need
• Just like a set of flash cards, any word a student gets wrong on one of the practice quizzes is returned to the "back of the deck" and will be asked again to make sure the student can answer every word in that section correctly
• Email a student's specific test results or a recap of their full progress
• Password protected administrator section allows you to review student scores and track student improvement
Word list includes:
& hundreds more!
*With practice you can achieve your best scores!*
We love to hear from you!
Please send any feedback or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Peekaboo Studios is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: 8-10
Categories: Reading, Vocabulary
All new design. Leave us a review, and let us know how you feel about it! Thanks so much for all your support!
Ratings and Reviews
I think this app should allow you to put your child's school vocabulary list in and give you the definitions for those words. It doesn't even allow you to search specific words that your child may be learning. This is like looking for a needle in a haystack. I flipped you about a hundred words or more and I don't see one of my child's 4th grade vocabulary words.
Developer Response ,
That is a great idea for an app that lets you put your child's school list in. The latest update of our app groups words into sets of 10 to learn at a time, instead of flipping through hundreds of words at once. If there are any other ideas for us, just let us know!
Not Worth The Money
This app although a good concept is not worth the money I paid for it. My daughter who is just starting 4th grade finished it in a matter of 4 days only because I allowed her to do 5 levels at a time. There are only 20 levels and that's it. There's 10 questions/vocal words in each level. I'm very disappointed.
It is OK
I'd like to be able to see how many questions we've answered and how many are left-it went on a long time! Also, will there be new words? Could there be a difficulty level choice? Some definitions were very similar, it was tough to choose.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.