4x4 App is an offroad inclinometer (sometimes called a clinometer, tilt meter, or land meter) designed to measure your vehicle's angles of pitch and roll while offroading to avoid potentially dangerous situations.
Includes many new features including setting your own warning angle, a selection of warning sounds, both landscape and portait mode support, and a whole range of vehicles to choose from. This includes Land Rover Defender, Discovery, Freelander, Hummer, Jeep Cherokee, Jeep Wrangler, Mitsubishi Shogun, Range Rover, Range Rover Sport, Toyota Landcruiser and Toyota Tacoma.
You simply calibrate the App while in the upright position in the car mount for your iPhone. You can then use it as a tilt meter while venturing off road.
-Digital Readout of angle as well as graphical representation of vehicle
-Smoothing algorithm gives accurate display even over rough bumpy roads
-Audible Alarm when approaching dangerous values of pitch or roll
-Listen to music while in use using standard iPod functionality
- Adds Analytics and App Rating Dialog
Ratings and Reviews
Current version works great!
1) would like the alert sounds to be able to be chosen from the ringtone sounds already in the iPhone. This would open up the ability to use sounds I already have instead if having to choose from the very limited list you have provided.
2) would like to add my own vehicle picture since my vehicle isn't included in the list and likely never will be.
3) Need a different angle alert for pitch vs roll. Would like the alert to also trigger bright red indicators on the dials so I more quickly know which alert is being triggered.
4) Please add a "night mode" toggle (ie: black background instead if white)! The apps white background is blindingly bright at night - even if I dim my screen. BONUS: if I could choose the dial color of night mode to match my trucks gauges that would be awesome!
This app is wonderful, it's clean, easy to use, and gives you peace of mind when wheeling. It's prefect, except for what tacoma model is used. Could you guys update the single cab longbed 2wd tacoma picture to a double cab shortbed? That's the most popular on the trail now. I'm thankful the tacoma is on this app, but to be honest it doesn't do the Tacoma offroad community justice seeing grandpa's grocery getter hitting extreme pitch angles.
Disco 2 and suggestions.
Can you guys add a landrover disco 2 and also possibly show the truck from behind instead of the front. It's easier to look at that way and maybe a nighttime mode. Thanks. App works good so far. Only qualm I have is that it's still a little sensitive.
- Appware Limited
- 20.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010 Appware Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Jeep Wrangler $1.99
- Discovery $1.99
- Defender $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.