5-0 Radio Police Scanner
By Smartest Apps LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Tap into the largest collection of live police, firefighters, aircraft, railroad, marine, emergency, and ham radios. Be the first to know about important news, events, or any major crime waves happening in your town.
Thanks for making us one of top 100 most downloaded iOS app since 2009. 5-0 Radio has been downloaded over 25 million times!
- Listen to feeds in the background. You can run other apps while listening to the police. Just email a link to yourself and tap it to listen to it in the background.
- Automatically attempts to reconnect the feed if you lose the connection.
- Listen to feeds on your desktop/laptop computer. Email yourself a link to the feed, and open that link on your browser or with your favorite mp3 player.
- Ability to Add Feeds
- Brand new built-in Web Browser allows you to browse the web while listening to a feed in the background.
- The web browser also automatically detects feeds and integrates it with the radio. Now you can add feeds from the web by simply tapping on the feed's link via our browser.
- The web browser blocks most ads.
- Share feeds with your friends by email. They do not need to buy this app to listen with you.
- Top 100 Feeds list
- Aircraft and Train Feeds
For listings, go here: SmartestApple.com/50radio.html#air
- Worldwide coverage. Although, we may not have your country covered, our app is always expanding and looking for new police radios to tap into.
- List scanners by county. Don't just list all feeds in a state, get only the ones that are from your city/county.
- Integrated map that finds your location and the location of the feed. Now you can find where the action is happening and follow along.
- Built-in police/EMS/fire/military codes and phonetic alphabet for easy interpretation. Good for any beginners who do not have the proper training and have trouble remembering what the codes mean.
- Save your favorites to the front screen of the app for quick one-tap access.
- This app will dynamically grab a new list of sources so that you will always be the first to get any new police feeds out there.
- See the popularity of each feed. Each feed lists the number of listeners who are following the action along with you.
- Choose new skins or make your own. Skins can be any photo you choose from your photos library.
- New police feeds and others are added on an hourly basis, so keep checking if we added yours recently.
*Note: Our paid app called 5-0 Radio PRO adds over 50,000 more feeds - Search for "5-0 Radio Pro" on iTunes to find it.
It is legal in most countries to listen to police feeds. However, it is illegal in some places to use this app to aid in the commission of a crime or to pose as a police officer when you are not. It may also be illegal to use it while driving. Please consult your local laws before using this app outside of your home.
Is it fake?
It's very real. Each feed comes from a person in that region with an expensive police scanner and is sharing the signal with you via the internet.
The delay between the real radio feed and this app is only a few seconds.
Check out our website SmartestApple.com for other great free apps from us
What's New in Version 39.0
Revamped player interface
- You can now choose any image from your photo library as a new skin and it will be set as the background of the player (try it out).
- Landscape mode now takes advantage of the entire width of the device
- Tapping the various GUI elements (such as the clock and speaker image) will hide and unhide them
- Optimized for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iPad users on iOS 8 can choose skins now (bug fix)
- Updated station database
Saved my dog
Amazing app. Heard over the scanner my house was on fire, I had forgotten about a pizza I was cooking in the oven. I ran down to the store to grab a 24 pack of Bud Lights finest when I flipped this app on just in time to hear my address being called off of my phones speakers. I cracked a cold one real quick and slammed it back. Cracked another for the ride home. 2 beers deep and I'm going 92 mph still listening to my house now being put out by firefighters. Then I heard it, "we've got something in here!" Oh no, Larry. Larry is a 43 lb. wiener dog. He can barely roll over on his own, let alone get out of a burning house. Then another call comes over. ...we got him. What a relief. I loved that dog and thanks to this app he was saved. I finished about 12 cold brews in my 15 minute drive home. Thank you 5-0 Radio. Thank you.
The crime in my neighborhood
Is almost constant so when sirens screech by and or the police helicopter Is hovering overhead it was not uncommon to see me gathered around with neighbors wondering WHAT JUSY HAPPENED?? Then wait for the news if any. BUT now anytime a situation happens or I'm just curious about what's going on in my neighbor-hood or around my city I click on the police scanner widget and I can listen in on police calls in real time or literally within a few seconds and communication between dispatch, patrols and even AIR comes in so clear and precise, with other apps I would get so fustrated and stressed because of too many ads, static, channel changes etc.., but not anymore with this app!!! Thanks I really am satisfied with this download.
This app is great but there's one thing
..that I can't stand and it started about two weeks after I downloaded the app. I can listen fire & EMS in my county and I could listen to the sheriffs office also but now the sheriffs office won't play and the blue power button beside it only favorites isn't lite up like the other ones. Is there a reason for this or a way to turn it on.
That is who my husband works through and I love being able to listen to this scanner while he is at work. In a sense it calms me because the scanner is always on at home on his days off so when he is gone and I still hear the scanner I feel better but can always listen an see what calls he is on.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Apr 15, 2015
- Version: 39.0
- Size: 45.7 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Smartest Apps LLC
- © Smartest Apps LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.