5-0 Radio Police Scanner
By Smartest Apps LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Tap into the largest collection of live police, firefighters, aircraft, railroad, marine, emergency, and ham radios. Be the first to know about important news, events, or any major crime waves happening in your town.
Thanks for making us one of top 100 most downloaded iOS app since 2009. This app has been downloaded over 20 million times!
- Listen to feeds in the background. You can run other apps while listening to the police. Just email a link to yourself and tap it to listen to it in the background.
- Automatically attempts to reconnect the feed if you lose the connection.
- Listen to feeds on your desktop/laptop computer. Email yourself a link to the feed, and open that link on your browser or with your favorite mp3 player.
- Ability to Add Feeds
- Brand new built-in Web Browser allows you to browse the web while listening to a feed in the background.
- The web browser also automatically detects feeds and integrates it with the radio. Now you can add feeds from the web by simply tapping on the feed's link via our browser.
- The web browser blocks most ads.
- Share feeds with your friends by email. They do not need to buy this app to listen with you.
- Top 100 Feeds list
- Aircraft and Train Feeds
For listings, go here: SmartestApple.com/50radio.html#air
- Worldwide coverage. Although, we may not have your country covered, our app is always expanding and looking for new police radios to tap into.
- List scanners by county. Don't just list all feeds in a state, get only the ones that are from your city/county.
- Integrated map that finds your location and the location of the feed. Now you can find where the action is happening and follow along.
- Built-in police/EMS/fire/military codes and phonetic alphabet for easy interpretation. Good for any beginners who do not have the proper training and have trouble remembering what the codes mean.
- Save your favorites to the front screen of the app for quick one-tap access.
- This app will dynamically grab a new list of sources so that you will always be the first to get any new police feeds out there.
- See the popularity of each feed. Each feed lists the number of listeners who are following the action along with you.
- Choose new skins or make your own. Skins can be any photo you choose from your photos library.
- New police feeds and others are added on an hourly basis, so keep checking if we added yours recently.
*Note: Our paid app called 5-0 Radio PRO adds over 50,000 more feeds - Search for "5-0 Radio Pro" on iTunes to find it.
It is legal in most countries to listen to police feeds. However, it is illegal in some places to use this app to aid in the commission of a crime or to pose as a police officer when you are not. It may also be illegal to use it while driving. Please consult your local laws before using this app outside of your home.
Is it fake?
It's very real. Each feed comes from a person in that region with an expensive police scanner and is sharing the signal with you via the internet.
The delay between the real radio feed and this app is only a few seconds.
Check out our website SmartestApple.com for other great free apps from us
What's New in Version 37.0
Optimized for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
Optimizations made for 64-bit devices
Fixed various minor bugs
I love your app but was wondering if you can help me with something! You currently have Richmond PD, Richmond Fire, CC Sheriff, El Cerrito, Kensington and San PAblo PD all on one channel. It's very hard to listen to all of them at once with the fire departments tones etc. Is there any way you can dedicate El Cerrito, Kensington and San PAblo PD to there own Channel and Richmond PD, Richmond Fire, CC Sheriff on there own.
The reason why I am recommending this to you is because Richmond PD, Richmond Fire, CC Sheriff work together and El Cerrito, Kensington and San PAblo PD work together on one channel in real life.
The reason I know this is because I work for one of these PD's (El Cerrito, Kensington and San PAblo PD). We don't share the same radio channel with Richmond PD, Richmond Fire, CC Sheriff.
By separating them this will be a lot more accurate and realistic.
Thanks for you assistance in this matter.
Nice app but I can't get my PD where I live
It's a great app, thank you but please fix the Westminster, Colorado USA Adams County station. The fire/ambulance channel is blended over the top of the police departments channel, therefore the police are really quiet and you can't hear them and the fire/ambulance channel is very loud. This problem only occurs in the state where I live. Other states I can pick everything else up just fine. I hope you will see this, read this, and please fix as soon as possible. Thank you kindly.
This is by far the best Live Police,Fire and Ambulance radio broadcast that I've come across and it gives you the ability to find almost every local law enforcement agency in your area possible. I recommend this app to all of my friends and family who are interested in knowing what's going on around them and there neighborhood.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Feb 06, 2015
- Version: 37.0
- Size: 40.8 MB
- Languages: Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, En, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hu, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Ko, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Smartest Apps LLC
- © Smartest Apps LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.