5-0 Radio Pro Police Scanner (Extra Feeds)
By Smartest Apps LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
60% Off Sale Today. To celebrate our 25 millionth download, we have dropped the price to its lowest ever.
Listen to your local police radio live to get the latest news and stories before everyone else does.
Join the tens of thousands of new users daily and tap into over 50,000 live police, firefighter, emergency medical ambulance, air traffic control, railroad, and music stations.
* Why Upgrade to Pro? *
- Record Feeds and Email Recordings
- Sleep Timer / Alarm
- Siren Noise maker
- Adds over 50,000 more feeds
- Access to cool skins
- A station search feature
- Music feeds
- News radio feeds
- Comedy radio feed
- Removes ad banner
- Get new feature updates
"Hot App of the Day" - Appmodo
As seen on 9to5 Mac, MacWorld, Wired Magazine and various other news organizations.
* iPad Version Available *
We've also dropped the price on the iPad version of 5-0 Radio. Look for 5-0 Radio HD in the Utility category on your iPad.
Listen to real events happening live in other parts of the world or in your local town. Listen to airport control tower chatter in the background while you run other apps. Listen to new music as you surf the web. Share the music you are listening to with your friends. They do not need to buy this app to listen to the feeds that you share with them.
* Features *
- Listen to feeds in the background while you run other apps or write emails/text messages.
- Chat with other listeners in real time.
- International support. There are feeds in almost all parts of the world, including USA, Canada, Australia, Chile, Russia, Japan, Sweden, UK, Israel, Europe, and more.
- Automatically attempts to reconnect the feed if you lose the connection.
- Browse one of the largest collection (35,000+) of feeds you will ever find in the app store.
- Search through the feeds with any keywords (enter your city name to find local radio stations).
- Browse through feeds by genre (Police, Railroad, Rock, Pop, Hip-Hop, R & B, etc.)
- Customizable Interface. Download new skins for free or create your skins. Go to SmartestApple.com/skins for more skins.
- Integrated map finds your location and the location of most scanner feeds.
- List the Top 100 most-listened to feeds so that you wouldn't miss an important event
- Catalog is instantly updated as soon as you start browsing it, with new feeds added every few hours.
- Built-in Web Browser; so that you can browse the web while using this app. The built-in web browser is a powerful browser that can block ads.
- Use the built-in web browser to browse the web for more feeds such as air traffic control feeds, weather, and railroad.
- Search for air traffic control feeds by the airport code (i.e. LAX, JFK, HKG).
- Share feeds to your friends by email. All they need is a computer or iPhone to listen to your feeds.
- Listen to feeds on your own desktop computer or laptop. Just email a link to the feed to yourself and open it with iTunes.
- You location not listed here? Add your own feeds. There are plenty of feeds on the internet. Now you can add them all to one app.
- Your favorite feeds show up as soon as you start the app, and they can be sorted/edited by you.
Want to make a feed request or a list of available police feeds? Go to http://SmartestApple.com for more information on how to do so.
What's New in Version 39.1
Revamped player interface
- You can now choose any image from your photo library as a new skin and it will be set as the background of the player (try it out).
- Landscape mode now takes advantage of the entire width of the device
- Tapping the various GUI elements (such as the clock and speaker image) will hide and unhide them
- Optimized for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iPad users on iOS 8 can choose skins now (bug fix)
- Updated station database
- Fixed a bug that caused some users to see ads in the app.
One of my most favorite apps!
It's exciting to listen to all the action and a little scary and sad to know what's happening so close to home. BUT!!!... I would have to say, the best thing about this app is the added respect and love for law enforcement it has given me. What they go through each and every day is astonishing. Firstly, the patience that these guys have far exceeds anything you'll ever hear about in social media... The daily dangerous situations they are placed in (in order to protect us) makes me want to go up and hug every single one of them and personally thank them. These are some true heroes! Side note: I do sometimes hear of some really awful, hideous, almost unbearable situations these guys are called to respond to... If you are really sensitive to these scenarios then this might not be the app for you. I have shut it down a few times when I can feel myself losing hope in humanity. I guess as with most things, balance is the key.
God Bless our local law enforcement
Just got this a few weeks ago while watching a TV show of that was beyond eye opening. I have nephew who serves always -on or off duty, while raising a family and more close friends that are from a ll walks of life. It's been a few years since i rode along with him on a few Saturday nights.
The way it was on the show about Chicago cops, I just decided to listen to some feeds.
This current unrest and false blame for police always being like the criminal. I pray for all police and feel much better listening to them keep on rocking in spite of the chaos. Great app as anyone can access anyplace - almost to be in touch with the never ending affirmative response ALWAYS from the patrol unit when asked to go to next call. We are blessed and need to THANK our police.
I've had 50 for a few years now. When I first got it I had an iPod and I'd turn it on when our volunteer fire whistle blew or when the police went flying by. I used it during last years flood to hear what was going on. I had a real scanner years ago and wanted to buy a new one but it was just more than I could afford. When it came time to up grade my phone I went with a smart phone instead if a flip phone just so I could have access to this app in my car. I listen to it instead of the radio , I line to know about wrecks up ahead and about crime going on in an area I might want to avoid. I've recommend it to many people.
- Category: News
- Updated: Apr 19, 2015
- Version: 39.1
- Size: 49.6 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Smartest Apps LLC
- © Smartest Apps, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.