500px - Discover photos from the world's best photography community
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
500px is the premier photo community for discovering, sharing, and licensing amazing images. Stay inspired with a continuous feed of the world’s most incredible photography, connect with photo lovers from across the globe, and share your best work with a passionate community—-all from the palm of your hand.
THE WORLD’S BEST PHOTO COMMUNITY FITS IN YOUR POCKET
The only thing better than being a part of the world’s best photo community is having access to it wherever you go. The beautifully-designed 500px app puts a world of inspiring photography at your fingertips.
Here are some of the features you’ll find inside:
- A sleek home feed will keep you scrolling through inspiring images from the people you follow, and recommendations based on the photos they like.
- A new, fun way to share your photos with the world by submitting your best photos to themed Photo Quests
- A unique discovery experience ensures everyone has a chance to get noticed, and keeps you up to date on the latest and greatest from the 500px community.
- Gorgeous photographer profiles showcase your photos in the best light..
- A built-in camera that lets you capture images right inside the app.
- And since we never compromise on quality, all photos are displayed uncropped and at the highest quality--your photos have never looked better on a mobile device!
Download the app and discover what it’s like to have the world’s best photo community in the palm of your hand.
What's New in Version 4.5.0
What's new in version 4.5.0
We’ve made several improvements to the interface including an updated upload button icon that is more clear and visible.
We’ve also improved the ability to add a cover photo to your profile.
Good app - Dramatic change of the new version causing some issues
Update: most issues regarding bugs and usability have been greatly and thoughtfully addressed. So, I'm updating from 4 to 5 stars as it is one of the best photography apps.
Couple of suggestions for functionality are:
1. Ability to bookmark where you left off viewing and rating photos in your custom pulse.
2. Modifying the algorithm that calculates the pulse rating, so levels the field for photographers with fewer followers being able to compete with photographers who have 1000's of followers.
3. Improving the sharing process and function
As a 25 years software engineer and QA, I would like to point out a few things since the release of the new version of 500px.
The old version seemed more intuitive and visually pleasing, however the new version has with it capabilities and functionalities not there before.
The latest incremental release of the app addressed a lot of bugs and issues it was facing. But, there are still a few issues that need to be corrected. The main one being that, after a while using and viewing photos, the app consistently stops updating, and I've been able to recreate this consistently. Now, it might be a caching issue, or something related to iOS updates.
Currently, the only work around is to close the app and reopen it. Other than that, the app is progressing in addressing the initial issues it had with text fields, tags, etc.
I love it
500px is my favorite photo sharing site for high-quality images but the iOS app was always lacking. It was buggy, the UI was confusing, it often crashed for no apparent reason. The newest version of this app has fixed all the problems. The UI is beautiful and easy to understand. It has full bleed images that respect the art of the photographer and it's presented in the most appealing way on the small screen of an iPhone. It's also extremely stable and a relief from the frequent crashes of the old version. If you love photography and viewing beautiful images from extremely talented photographers download the 500px app today.
Generally good but needs some improvements
I really like 500px for interacting with other photographers like me. The desktop interface is beautiful. There are so many amazing photos to see. This app is lacking in two things. The notifications are always lagging way behind and even when I have a badge indicating a new notification often I refresh the notification page and nothing new shows up. Also I really wish I could like photos and see their information in landscape orientation. I like to view pictures full screen in landscape but then I have to go back to portrait to do anything else.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: May 12, 2016
- Version: 4.5.0
- Size: 19.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, Italian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: 500px Inc.
- © 500px Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes