The Georgia 511 mobile app is the official traffic app of the Georgia Department of Transportation (Georgia DOT). It provides real-time access to Georgia DOT's traffic and travel information including:
- Current traffic speeds and travel times on major interstates in Atlanta and statewide.
- Current incident and construction information in Atlanta and statewide.
- A real-time interactive traffic map that uses your geo-location and lets you show/hide layers for message signs, cameras, incidents, and construction.
- Over 800 real-time traffic camera images in metro Atlanta.
- Over 100 real-time message signs in Atlanta and statewide.
- News and major traffic and travel alerts.
- Georgia DOT's main Twitter feed, plus 16 dedicated feeds for major interstates. Twitter feeds provide automated incident notifications and are not actively monitored.
- Other fixes and improvements. See "What's New in This Version?" for details.
- Updated "Express Lane" Link
Ratings and Reviews
Could be great but it's not. At all.
Too slow. Too clunky. Having an account doesn't actually save the same preferences as on the website. A way to favorite signs would be nice. A way to access favorite cameras saved on the website would be nice. A way to save commonly used drive times would be nice. Interface is dated and useless while driving. It had so much potential and is so disappointing. It's like someone said we have this data so let's make an app, rather than let's make an app that people will find useful.
I work in the Emergency Management field and this app is something that comes in handy during work and when I get off.
So slow it’s unusable
Map load times - even on gigabit Ethernet and 150mbps LTE - are COMICALLY slow.
This app is useless. When I need it most, I can’t even remotely see anything.
- Iteris, Inc.
- 7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Copyright Iteris 2017
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.