Distracted Driving Kills! Last year over 26,000 New Yorkers were injured by distracted drivers, don’t be one of them! Focus on the road, not your phone. Use the app in “Drive” mode to hear audio alerts about traffic and road conditions and always configure the app before starting your trip.
- Bug fixes to improve the overall experience
- Improved feedback channels
- Updated links to provide the most up to date information
Ratings and Reviews
The route options are badly programmed
Tried setting up a route that I normally travel to the city. Whatever picks the roads used is terrible, even using multiple waypoints to try to force the route to follow the path. An absurd combination of surface streets, reversals on parkways and unnecessary route changes make it impossible to force the route to follow any reasonable path. The rest of the features can be found online, so there's not much point in getting the app.
The website has helpful information, such crossing times for the bridges and tunnels. However, this app is poorly implemented and too complicated to be useful. Another example of poor innovation by government.
Worthless, just like the rest of the NYS government..now with this latest version the map won't even open up..
- New York State Department of Transportation
- 40.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © New York State Department of Transportation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.