Philosophy Spotlight is a must-have app for philosophers brought to you by Wiley.
This exciting new app gives you the following community features at your fingertips, anywhere, anytime -
• Latest information on key conferences and latest conference tweets
• Latest abstracts for articles and books, including the ability to ‘follow’ your favorite publications
• Latest free Sample Issues for key journals
• Latest Special Issues, including free articles
• Access to video and audio podcasts
• Latest posts from key blogs
• Access to a series of Publishing Workshops, in audio and PDF format
• Access to the Wiley-Blackwell Social Sciences & Humanities Facebook page
• Links to key societies
• Customizable Syllabi Search tool to find syllabi freely available on institutional websites, perfect for generating teaching ideas
• Customizable YouTube search tool to find educational videos
• Customizable search tools for Wiley Online Library
• The ability to bookmark any content you see, email yourself a Reading List and share content via Facebook and Twitter
• The ability to add your own RSS feeds, allowing you to keep track of your favorite sources
Sample Issues updated.
Ratings and Reviews
Is the app not complete?
I'm actually forced to uninstall it because when I went to pick some journals, it seemed to be stuck. I can pick journals, but there's no confirm, or back button, so it's just stuck on this selection screen. I did manage to use some of the other things before getting stuck in that section, and it seemed to be potentially useful, but I'll never be able to find out.
App Doesn’t Work, At All-
The app doesn’t work at all. As the other complaint says. It doesn’t link to things. And it would be awesome if it worked.
10 stars if I could
As someone with a degree in philosophy and who has taught it at the high school level for more than 15 years, this is an amazing site. A wide variety of extremely useful information in a wide variety of formats. Includes written, audio, and video formats; free and paid; journals, blogs, and websites; every branch of philosophy; serious and fun; and lots more. I have used it daily since I have downloaded it and it has never failed to impress me or crash.
A must have for anyone interested in philosophy!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.