5K Runner: 0 to 5K run training, free
By Clear Sky Apps LTD
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The OFFICIAL 5K Runner ® (Couch to 5K) app to train you from zero to running 5K.
- 4.2 Million People successfully did it
- Featured on CNN, Fox, USA Today, Times, Fitness Channel, Apple's "New & Noteworthy", AppAdvice, AppCraver, Best10Apps, Appolicious, Daily Motion, AppOfTheDay, MakeUseOf, the iPhone App Review, Remix Your Health, AppShopper, Apple's Top Health & Fitness apps, and so many others…
"If you thought that you could never run - get ready for a BIG surprise. With this app - you will run"
"Its a great App, I was hooked by the second run, and it kept me running"
"If you want to start running and to keep running - this app will do it for you"
"One of the best iPhone running apps I’ve tested."
"This application is a must-have fitness trainer for anyone trying to catch the running bug or getting ready for a major running event"
"This exercise tracking app will help you achieve that coveted 5K distance"
● “Best Running App” ● “Best Run Training App” ● "Editor's Choice" ● "Top fitness app” ● “Best Beginner App” ● “Top Quality App” ● “Best fitness and nutrition apps" and many more.
≈ Recommended by Fitness Trainers
≈ Recommended Top Doctors on healthTap.com
≈ See success stories on
5K Runner ® is the easiest way for beginners to go from no running at all, to running a full 5K.
The program builds your fitness by alternating between running and walking, 3 times a week for 8 weeks. After just 8 weeks you will easily run a full 5K and you will be fitter, healthier, and stronger than ever.
During the workouts, you listen to your music and the app’s convenient audio coach will blend in and tell you when to walk, run, warm up, cool down, and halfway point. Its the simplest and most intuitive running app available - nothing to learn.
5K Runner also keeps you motivated and this is what made millions of people succeed. Its the true magic of this app, and its built into every screen. If you want to start living healthy, 5K Runner provides the guidance and motivation that will take you there.
● 8 Weeks, 3 times a week, go from zero to 5K
● Easiest and simplest program
● App with highest success rate - 4.2 million people
● Alternating walk / run segments during the workout
● Audio coach guides you and tells you when to walk, run, warm up, cool down, halfway point
● Listen to your music while running
● Works great with all music apps
● Works great with all GPS apps (Nike+, RunKeeper, MapMyRun, Endomondo, Runtastic, and all others)
● Works accurately even while your device is locked
● Tracks your history & progress
● Earn badges and achievements for every workout
● Motivational quotes for your mind & body
● Share your achievements: facebook, twitter, mail
● Connect with other beginners on our 5K Runner forum on Facebook
● Easy and intuitive interface. Nothing to learn!
● iPhone & iPod touch
● iPad - awesome on a treadmill
● THE FREE VERSION
- Program includes the first four runs
----- CONTACT US -----
Dear customers, we are here for you!
What's New in Version 4.5
Dear customers, we love you!
● minor improvements
Questions? Ideas? We're here for you!
Great starting point
So I am in my thirties and about 40 pounds overweight. I've never been able to get into running because I'd get out if breath so quickly I'd never finish even a single run. I saw this app and since I'm making a serious effort to get this weight off, I thought I'd give it a try. Hell, it couldn't hurt right? Well I've tried it and I've finished my first week of running!!!! I didn't give up once and that's so encouraging. Because the Max run time starts out at 1 min, you aren't killing yourself trying to keep going and because the app is telling you to stop and walk, you don't feel as though you're not getting anywhere by only doing short intervals. Already it's a little easier and I feel great when I step off the treadmill. The only reason I have it four stars instead of five is that only the first four workouts are in this app and then you have to buy the "pro" version to finish up. It's only three dollars but I just felt like it should have been more up front about it. However, I will be buying the longer version and keeping to it. I have a bikini hanging up in my bedroom that I'm going to be getting into by summers end! If you want to get into running or lose weight I would definitely recommend this app. If I can do it, you can too! Good luck!
Simple Easy and Doable
Running two years now and this is the best TRAINING tool! After two half marathons and going from a size 22 to 12 back to a 16, I've tried it alllll. It's not easy and there are days I have quit but running always gets me back on track. I wish I had this app back than. I've had multiple injuries "winging" it (blisters, shin splints, lost ALL my toenails AT ONE TIME, knees, etc...) Keep working it and find a routine that works for you. Don't give up!! This app is a simple way to get you going as you learn the art of running/walking/jogging. I never did a C to 5k program because it was too complicated ... Warm up 5 min... Run 1 min ... walk 2 ... WTH, it took all of me just to get in the dang tights and sports bra! Get this and a friend who runs to coach you as you advance. Good Luck!!!
I just finished my first run using the app, and I must say that I am BEYOND excited!!! I made a running playlist before I started running today, and I played it while the app ran. It makes training fool proof! When it's time to run the app automatically turns down your music and says, "start running now." There is a timer that tells you how long this particular run/walk segment is, so you are never just hopelessly uncertain if you will die. After finishing my run today I can actually say that I am excited about my next run in 2 days!!!! I never thought I would be excited about running. Best of luck to all my fellow couch potatoes!!!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Dec 30, 2013
- Version: 4.5
- Size: 39.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Clear Sky Apps LTD
- © 2011-2013 Clear Sky Apps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.