5K to 10K
By Active Network, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Constance, Billie and Sergeant Block are back in this follow-up to the award-winning Couch to 5K® training app (2012 Appy Award for best Healthcare & Fitness app). Designed to continue the training experience for people who finish the Couch to 5K plan, or for those who are already 5K-ready, this app uses motivating virtual coaches to get you ready to run a 10K (6.2-mile) race in 9 weeks and it is now available FREE!
Spend just 25 to 70 minutes, three times a week, for nine weeks, and you’ll be 10K-ready!
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
The 5K to 10K coach you select talks to you during your workouts. To save your battery, 5K to 10K sends audio notifications when your screen is locked or another app is in use.
To be sure you hear the coach during your workout, please do the following:
• Turn on Notifications permissions
• Turn on the hardware ring/silent switch (no red showing)
• Turn your ringer volume up
• Turn off Do Not Disturb (swipe up for Control Panel and the moon button should not be white)
• Within the app, in Settings > Workout Options, be sure the Trainer Volume is up
Without granting notification permissions, during a workout you can click the lock icon at the top left to keep the app active and still hear the coach.
Get more information about the 5K to 10K app here: http://www.active.com/mobile/5k-to-10k-app
For support please contact us at: MobileSupport@activenetwork.com We would love to hear from you.
• Choose from 3 different virtual coaches—Constance, Billie and Sergeant Block — who give you motivation and support in every workout
• Hear real-human audio cues to guide you through each workout
• Listen to your favorite playlists with in-app music player
• Calculate your distance & pace and map your routes with FREE GPS support (requires iPhone 4 or later and iOS 7.0 or greater)
• Gradually challenge yourself with progressively faster paces
• Log your workouts and share your progress on Facebook
What's New in Version 3.4.3
- A new Apple Watch app to remotely control your workouts!
- Community improvements.
- Improved reliability of trainer voice cues.
HIGHLY recommended... emphasis on HIGHLY
Active Network has been training me from a couch potato to a regular 5/6K runner (at the time of this writing). I just finished my first week of the 5-10k app and I'm really impressed at the progressive way that it has been able make running a part of my life via positive habit. I literally feel better than ever, especially because I was able to overcome a mind state where I believed that running was simply not for me. I've recommended this series to a number of people via word-of-mouth, and although I never write reviews, I honestly feel like I'd be doing the world a disservice by not highly recommending that you work with their programs. Just stick with it, it's easier than you think!
This app is great and overcomes the faults of competitor apps I've tried and abandoned (e.g., is flexible in start date and re-doing runs, unlike Nike+; does not rely on run-walk method, unlike C210K). The music controls work well and I like that you can skip the warm-up/cool down portion as well. The runs are motivating, attainable, and yet are improving my pace and endurance - I also like that you can change the coach voices! My only complaint is that the halfway-mark feature does not seem to be working, even though it is clearly turned on. I have to rely on watching the time or using Nike+ in the background (which I always do anyway for logging purposes). Fix this, and it's perfect! Well done, Active!
I love this app! A few years ago I decided to take up running (I avoided running at all cost before, and would have been the first one caught in a zombie apocalypse). I decided to try couch to 5k and started loving running- well not actually the running part, but my body was craving it!
I kept going with it and finished the couch to 5k, and ran my first 10K race! Now I'm on this 5k to 10K and I love the challenges of the next runs! I love this app because I need someone or something to tell me when to keep going and when I get to stop. I recommend both apps for beginners or people that are look for a running coach :)
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Dec 30, 2015
- Version: 3.4.3
- Size: 84.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Active Network, LLC
- © Active Network, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.