The most advanced vocabulary learning tool in the App Store!
5th Grade Vocabulary Prep was designed to improve vocabulary skills in the classroom and at home:
• Click to listen to a pronunciation of each word, its meaning, and a sample sentence
• Study hundreds of vocabulary words at your own pace with guided step-by-step learning
• Specifically appropriate content chosen at the 5th grade level
• Students can read through words and definitions as many times as they need for review
• Word and definition quizzes are used to reinforce learning, ensuring that students understand each word in a section before they continue
• When they're ready, students can take the test to move on to the next level (they'll need to get at least 90% correct to advance)
"This is a great way to learn about 5th grade spelling and vocabulary it can help you get better grades in school and be a better speller"
"Amazing app - This app is very helpful to my daughter's vocabulary"
"Great app for 4th and 5th graders. Super to build your vocabulary!!!!"
> No In-App Purchase required, all content is included!
Aligned with CCSS - Common Core State Standards for 5th Grade:
• Acquire grade-appropriate conversational, general academic, and domain-specific words
• Determine the meaning of words and phrases in a text relevant to a grade 5 topic or subject area
• Use sentence-level context as a clue to the meaning of a word or phrase
• Read with sufficient accuracy and fluency to support comprehension
• Read on-level text with purpose and understanding
• Students can click each word, its meaning, and a sample sentence to listen to the audio as often as needed
• Students will be able to listen to each of the available answers in tests and quizzes before selecting their choice
• Students are congratulated on a job well done, or will hear the example sentence repeated as a reminder if they answer incorrectly
• Enter as many student names as you need
• Just like a set of flash cards, any word a student gets wrong on one of the practice quizzes is returned to the "back of the deck" and will be asked again to make sure the student can answer every word in that section correctly
• Email a student's specific test results or a recap of their full progress
• Password protected administrator section allows you to review student scores and track student improvement
Word list includes:
& hundreds more!
*With practice you can achieve your best scores!*
We love to hear from you!
Please send any feedback or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Peekaboo Studios is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: 8-10
Categories: Reading, Vocabulary
All new design. Leave us a review, and let us know how you feel about it! Thanks so much for all your support!
Ratings and Reviews
Doesn't Work Properly
Most of the definitions do not load into the box to choose from and only leave a blank box. App is of no use
Too many bugs
Some options for answers are blank.
This is an outstanding app for fourth and fifth graders and I definitely recommend this app. It has seriously improved my vocabulary. I sit in my humble abode practicing and I learn so much! I will never eliminate this app from my iPad. If I did I would be vexed. I really like this app!!!!!!!! You should buy it if you are reading this.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.