5x5 Shogi (MiniShogi) is a variant of Shogi (Japanese chess).
Compact and speedy chess like game.
A player can use (drop) captured pieces.
This rule makes this game complicated and profound.
5x5 Shogi is very compatible with iPhone/iPod.
K55 (PC version) have won Computer 5x5 Shogi tournament 2008, 2009.
- Human vs. computer, human vs. human, computer vs. computer.
- 8 levels of computer play.
- Choose Western or Japanese pieces.
- Show the legal moves of the selected piece.
- Undo of moves.
- Save/Load game file.
- Send game scores by mail.
- Show history of moves.
- Help about 5x5 Shogi rules.
- Fixed a freeze bug on iOS 8.
- Fixed a bug (Menus were in English on iOS 9 in Japanese environment).
- Support iPhone 5.
- Support iOS 7.
Ratings and Reviews
If you can, can you pleasssee upgrade this to 9x9 shogi, it would be greatly appreciated if you upgraded in the next version of this game, i'm dying for it because this is the only shogi game on itunes!!!!! But it is a great app though...
When this came out I emailed the author and he said that he was working on a full shogi game. I hope it's soon cause I'm getting impatient.
Not worth it yet...
It needs to be upgraded to full shogi. Full shogi is 9 by 9 and this is only 5 by 5. It is also missing some pieces. Real shogi also includes 9 pawns two lances and two knights(different than chess.) this app will have my full approval if it upgrades. Very glad that someone decided to make shogi though.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.