The 6ABC app provides the latest local, weather and national top stories and breaking news customized for you! Get more live and on-demand video than ever before, including live newscasts, and choose customized alerts based on your interests.
Customized “My News” that matters to you
- Stay informed on stories you love by choosing customized topics.
- “My News” builds a unique feed just for you based on interests and locations you choose.
- Stay updated on the latest through live video, real-time updates and easy navigation.
Get alerts you want
- Choose customized alerts for topics and locations you care about, from entertainment news to sports updates and everything in between.
- Easily select locations in “Settings” to get the latest breaking news, weather and traffic from your area in real-time.
Watch live video
- Find exclusive video clips and live video streams at the top of the app, including live news broadcasts.
- Switching between live streams is as easy as flipping between channels.
- Watch live video while you read stories and browse the app
Stay updated 24/7 on weather and traffic
- Easily choose your locations to get hourly conditions and 7-day forecasts.
- Get real-time Doppler maps along with detailed weather information from Accuweather.
- Get weather and traffic alerts for severe conditions so you’re always up-to-date before you go.
Minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
The old version was much better
I don’t want to sound like someone who simply hates change, but the new version is horrible compared to this new one. I’m simply not a fan of the constant scroll or having to set up the news stories I want to see. How about this, if it’s news report it to me. And when you report it to me do so in an impartial format. The reporters have been doing entirely too much reporting of their thoughts and feelings on subject matters, you report it and I’ll make up my own mind as to which side I’ll believe in. It used to be called an editorial when the editor let everyone else know his thoughts, now you think it’s news whether you agree or not with what’s going on in the world, as a reader and viewer let me inform you of something, I DON’T CARE HOW YOU PERSONALLY FEEL ABOUT ANYTHING, please simply report the FACTS, and bring back the old format, and before you write me off at an elderly grouchy person, I’m 43 I work for a living, and I have my own mind in which to make choices. I am downloading the NBC 10 app, looking at the preview in the App Store it looks so much better. Goodbye ABC 6. You have just been replaced, I’ll keep watching the reviews to see if they post this one, I doubt they will since they only post the news that’s slanted their direction.
New interface is terrible
Whenever apps tout a redesigned interface, I always update my iPad first to try it out. I'm so glad I did because this update is a huge regression. I have no interest in the tiles and heavy focus on videos. I just want a list of articles and a thumbnail like before so I can choose what to read. Now I have to load each article by scrolling through each tile individually for a painstakingly long time just to figure out if I'm interested in it.
I'm deleting it on my iPad and keeping the old version on my phone. The new version is so bad it's perplexing to me that anyone actually decided to use it as a finished product. Looks like I'll be getting my news elsewhere on my iPad. Good riddance to this terrible "upgraded" app.
ZERO star rating worthy
I used to constantly go into the Ch6 app for news and especially weather and radar maps and traffic. I avoid using your app now. I cannot stand it. The design is horrible, I’m constantly having to scroll, which inevitably your finger hits some stupid ad or something you didn’t want to open. This happens several times before you get to what you want to read. That’s if you can find what you want to read. You broke something that did not need fixing. I want to be able to visually scan news articles and tap on the ones I want to read, none of this scrolling ..scrolling ...scrolling junk. I cannot Emphasize how much I dislike your app. Very disappointed.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.