The 6ABC app provides the latest local, weather and national top stories and breaking news customized for you! Get more live and on-demand video than ever before, including live newscasts, and choose customized alerts based on your interests.
Customized “My News” that matters to you
- Stay informed on stories you love by choosing customized topics.
- “My News” builds a unique feed just for you based on interests and locations you choose.
- Stay updated on the latest through live video, real-time updates and easy navigation.
Get alerts you want
- Choose customized alerts for topics and locations you care about, from entertainment news to sports updates and everything in between.
- Easily select locations in “Settings” to get the latest breaking news, weather and traffic from your area in real-time.
Watch live video
- Find exclusive video clips and live video streams at the top of the app, including live news broadcasts.
- Switching between live streams is as easy as flipping between channels.
- Watch live video while you read stories and browse the app
Stay updated 24/7 on weather and traffic
- Easily choose your locations to get hourly conditions and 7-day forecasts.
- Get real-time Doppler maps along with detailed weather information from Accuweather.
- Get weather and traffic alerts for severe conditions so you’re always up-to-date before you go.
Before you download this app, please consider that it includes advertising, some of which may be targeted to your interests. You may choose to control targeted advertising within mobile applications by using your mobile device settings (for example, by re-setting your device's advertising identifier and/or opting out of interest based ads).
Bug fixes and performance enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
The old version was much better
I don’t want to sound like someone who simply hates change, but the new version is horrible compared to this new one. I’m simply not a fan of the constant scroll or having to set up the news stories I want to see. How about this, if it’s news report it to me. And when you report it to me do so in an impartial format. The reporters have been doing entirely too much reporting of their thoughts and feelings on subject matters, you report it and I’ll make up my own mind as to which side I’ll believe in. It used to be called an editorial when the editor let everyone else know his thoughts, now you think it’s news whether you agree or not with what’s going on in the world, as a reader and viewer let me inform you of something, I DON’T CARE HOW YOU PERSONALLY FEEL ABOUT ANYTHING, please simply report the FACTS, and bring back the old format, and before you write me off at an elderly grouchy person, I’m 43 I work for a living, and I have my own mind in which to make choices. I am downloading the NBC 10 app, looking at the preview in the App Store it looks so much better. Goodbye ABC 6. You have just been replaced, I’ll keep watching the reviews to see if they post this one, I doubt they will since they only post the news that’s slanted their direction.
Too many push notifications
I like staying up to date with Philadelphia news with the best channel in the city. The app itself is not that bad but the notifications are honestly annoying. They start at 6-7am and will get them periodically through the day for stupid stories that are not important. Then there was the 3pm,6pm and other times that has a recap of the day. Push notifications should be breaking news only not stories that they want people to read. I have the abc7 app as well and they send no where near the amount of notifications that 6abc does. There are weeks that I will not get a notification from them because they will only send a notification when it’s a big national story or local breaking news unlike 6abc that sends like 10 notifications every weekday.
Awful new app.
I hate the new app because it is very annoying to have to scroll through the stories to find an article that you want to read. It actually makes me dizzy. As a previous web developer I'd say it is not user friendly. I doubt if I will be using it.
Also I miss the opening screen.
I loved the easy to use old app where you could quickly find an article.
This maybe just a glitch but the other day the weather wasn't updated. Your site was just showing a weather segment that was 10 hours old.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.