By Michael Hardaker
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Take high-quality, square photographs with 6x6. It's a reminder of the old 6cm (or 2¼-inch)-square medium format that was so popular with both amateurs and professionals using 120, 220 and 620 roll film. Because it just looks so good.
* 1:1 image ratio (yes, square)
* Blistering performance
* Optional Real-time Preview
* Full EXIF support – including location-tagging
* Manual focus and exposure control
* What you see is what you capture
* Framing grids help keep your verticals and horizontals where they should be
* "Split-image" shows where the middle of your composition is, and even whether it's level
* Fixed focal length lens (no digital “zoom” making your photographs fuzzier)
* Saves straight to the Camera Roll
* Manual flash control - it's either on or off
* Color or B&W
* Elegant user interface
* View and share your images—e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Instagram and other apps
* Opt-in to Real-time Preview - see exactly (from any of sixteen Color or B&W Modes) what you will take, in the viewfinder!
* Picture Review lets you see your photographs on screen straight after you've taken them (tap to clear)
* Select B&W Mode from eight dramatic choices
* Select Color Mode from eight sumptuous choices
* Print Border adds a crisp white or black border to your photographs, or a choice of film and hand-printed effects
* Control sounds: audio feedback when you click a switch or press a button
* A retro flashgun sound, for some serious nostalgia
* Save as HI-Quality JPEG, MAX-Quality JPEG (no visible compression artefacts) or TIFF
* For the true obsessive, 6x6-Flex (TLR) Mode replicates the effect of the standard waist-level viewfinder on a twin-lens reflex camera, with a mirrored preview!
MANUAL FOCUS/EXPOSURE CONTROL
* Tap to set the focus/exposure point-of-interest
* Tap-hold to set an independent exposure point-of-interest (a single tap now manages focus alone)
* Swipe the display to lock the focus and exposure
* Double-tap to return to Autofocus/Autoexposure
If you find other camera apps over-fussy (and their photographs annoyingly oblong) then 6x6 is the app for you. It stays out of your way as you focus on the most important aspect of photography: getting the right composition in the frame.
WHAT PEOPLE SAY
“Could be the favorite among The 30 or so camera apps I own”
“Thanks for creating an app that will just let me take square pictures without insisting I apply stupid filters!”
“I'm really enjoying 6x6. It's becoming my primary shooting app on my iPhone”
“I like the app and [am] glad I bought it”
“The 6X6 shutter release is the best by far of my camera apps”
“I still find myself going back to 6x6 every time simply because of the lack of bloatware”
“With all the apps out there, and all the cool &%$@ they can do, 6x6 is my go-to”
“Here's a shot taken with 6x6 on the iPhone [...] It is exactly like the old Hasselblad would have seen it”
“Thanks for a great and simple camera app!”
What's New in Version 4.1
* Fixes minor audio routing issue.
Questions or problems? Please CONTACT US: we'll help you promptly!
A healthy sign
It's good to see that Mr Hardaker is maintaining his fleet of unique camera apps. I find myself using 645 Pro more these days, but I keep 6x6 set on b&w Red filter to catch those dramatic skies.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Nov 12, 2016
- Version: 4.1
- Size: 7.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Michael Hardaker
- © Jag.gr 2011-2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.