7,800+ Beer Brands Free
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Sometimes you need a change from the typical Bud, Sam Adams, or Corona.
Over 7,800 Beer Brands information at the tap of your fingertips. Now you'll know what you're up against when you're getting beer at the beer isle.
* Find out what is best served with each beer.
* Educate yourself with each beer's details:
- Beer Style and Introduction Year.
- Beer Brewery and Brewery Type.
- Containers and glasses used to hold the beer.
- Serving temperature, fermentation type, pasteurization.
- Alcohol by Volume/Weight (ABV/ABW).
* Bookmark favorite beer brands onto your favorites list.
* Browse through all beer brands easily through an indexed list.
* Use the search bar to easily find a specific beer.
* Jump to a beer style category to find related beers.
* Or take a little risk and find yourself a random beer.
* Convenient Email feature to send information about a beer to your friends.
7800+ Beer Brands Free is supported by unobtrusive banner advertising. Please click on the ads and visit our sponsors if you're interested so that we can continue offering these apps for free.
*** Note From Developer ***
(Please Note, there are unobtrusive ads in this Free app.)
What's New in Version 2.0.1
* Crashes should now be fixed. It was due to a data storage migration.
Thank you for your patience and letting us know about the problem!
This app has virtually no useful information. I don't trust the rating... most reviews give 1 or 2 stars, but itunes lists it as having 3 stars... what? If you are completely new to craft beers and happen to be at a beer bar that doesn't list the style (unlikely), then this app might be useful, if the search feature worked... it didn't for Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Lagunitas... in fact it didn't work for any beer. It only tells you the style, brewery (but not the city), type of brewery, package, correct glass, serving temp, whether it's pasteurized (missing on about half), alcohol content (missing on many), year introduced (missing on quite a few) and food pairings. No ratings, nothing about the aroma, flavor, body, etc. Also, it's seriously out-of-date: many defunct breweries and their beers listed, many breweries missing. There are 27 beers with the name "India Pale Ale" and 13 more titled "IPA" and you have to click on them to discover the brewery. I have deleted only four apps in the last year... this is one of them.
As others have said, this app started with a good idea, but needs a lot of work. There are a lot of obscure beers (good), but I've noticed it's difficult to find even some better known microbrews here in the US (bad). It's a great tool for pairing with food (good), but it would be better if it allowed user ratings. One thing that REALLY irks me about this app is that you can't sort beers by brewery - it would be much more user friendly if you could see all associated beers for each maker. I rarely use this app - better to just use Beer Advocate online.
Not Worth It
Freezes frequently and takes too long to load menus and screens (10-20 seconds). Active search is slow and causes crashes. UI is horrible and confusing to organize and utilize. Very generic style and no customization available. Look elsewhere. Passable library of beer but many common brands missing.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Jan 08, 2011
- Version: 2.0.1
- Size: 6.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Webworks
- © Webworks and Applications, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.