The ABC7 app provides the latest local, weather and national top stories and breaking news customized for you! Get more live and on-demand video than ever before, including live newscasts, and choose customized alerts based on your interests.
Customized “My News” that matters to you
- Stay informed on stories you love by choosing customized topics.
- “My News” builds a unique feed just for you based on interests and locations you choose.
- Stay updated on the latest through live video, real-time updates and easy navigation.
Get alerts you want
- Choose customized alerts for topics and locations you care about, from entertainment news to sports updates and everything in between.
- Easily select locations in “Settings” to get the latest breaking news, weather and traffic from your area in real-time.
Watch live video
- Find exclusive video clips and live video streams at the top of the app, including live news broadcasts.
- Switching between live streams is as easy as flipping between channels.
- Watch live video while you read stories and browse the app
Stay updated 24/7 on weather and traffic
- Easily choose your locations to get hourly conditions and 7-day forecasts.
- Get real-time Doppler maps along with detailed weather information from Accuweather.
- Get weather and traffic alerts for severe conditions so you’re always up-to-date before you go.
- When a story with a featured video is selected, the video will play automatically upon page load if auto-play is selected in settings.
- Performance enhancements
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Needs updating. Too many fake news links.
It’s a decent local news app, but it needs to be updated and it’s got too many advertising links dressed up as fake news stories.
The app needs to be formatted for different size phones. The fonts look huge on my iPhone 6 Plus and there’s no way to adjust the font size. The notifications are also annoying and should be controllable within the app, perhaps to allow for different kinds of alerts you may want or don’t want (e.g. all news, local news, weather, sports, traffic, politics).
The fake news links to advertising are a real disappointment. You’d think a news app, especially ABC, would want to maintain the integrity of their news outlet and not list a bunch of fake news links after their stories under “You might also be interested in...” That’s just lame.
Too Many Advertisements
While an outstanding app. I've grown up with ABC 7 and I will always be loyal to Eyewitness News and WABC as I've been watching the program for 20 years. I understand the necessity to use advertisements to make the app profitable, but to have a 30-60 second advertisement play prior to every video playing is a bit ludicrous. I could understand having it after every 4-5 videos but every video to have to watch a 30-60 second ad in a world like New York where things move quickly. Sometimes we just want to watch the content uninterrupted you know? That's my only gripe! Offer a paid version of these apps without the advertisements. It's an even bigger slap to the face when the advertisement is longer than the actual video itself.. 😞.
Great app but jump to bottom of story annoying
I’m a big fan of ABC News and Eyewitness News in New York. And the app is a great way to keep up with the stories when I don’t have time to watch the news
But, when you open the story and start to read, the app just jumps to the bottom of the story for no reason. And you have to scroll back up to the top to actually start reading. Not just random - every time. More often than not, I just click out of the story
I tried reporting this on the Feedback form, but that page doesn’t work. I’ve seen a few other reviews were people were having this problem as well. Please fix this - it’s really annoying
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.