This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
*** Four BAFTA-nominations -- TIME Game of 2014
*** "We’ve been dreaming about this future for decades. Guess what? It’s here." - New York Times
*** "Interactive storytelling as its best" - The Guardian
*** 9/10 Edge Magazine
*** #16 in IGN's "best iOS games ever"
*** #1 iOS game for August on Metacritic
Choose your own route around a 3D globe, travelling by airship, submarine, mechanical camel, steam-train and more, racing other players and a clock that never stops.
* "This brilliant interactive novel re-imagines Phileas Fogg's journey around the world... One of the finest examples of branching narrative yet created." - The Telegraph
* "For people who love high adventures and good writing, 80 Days is a voyage that must be taken" - The Verge
* "A brilliantly paced, memorable and quite frankly terrific piece of modern interactive fiction, that masterfully blends strategy, resource management and adventure" - IndieGames.com
* "one of the best iOS games of the year." - iLounge
150 cities to explore. Detailed research and techno-fantasy combine in an 1872 of tensions, inventions and exploration. Climb the Burmese mountains, trek the Zulu Federation, sail up the Amazon and disappear under the Indian Ocean - but don't fall behind the time!
* "This is modern storytelling that engages and delights, and the bold, stylish artwork gives 80 Days almost a graphic novel feel. Pack your case, armchair Passepartout - adventure awaits!" - Joystiq
* "Is it a game? Is it a story? Both, really. And a delight." - The Telegraph - Best Novels of 2014
* "Could be the best interactive fiction game out there" - 148 Apps
* "A sublime video game to immerse yourself in" - The Examiner
* "One of the most extraordinarily memorable and unique games I’ve played in years" - Pocket Tactics
* "Everything about this game is perfect" - AppAdvice
* "Innovative and extraordinary, and unpredictable fun" - Apps Zoom
* "Rich with ideas, brilliantly written, and creates a world that you'll want to visit over and over again" - PocketGamer (gold award)
Featuring stunning art by Jaume Illustration, a half-million word script by Meg Jayanth, original music by Laurence Chapman, and built using the same ink engine that powers our critically-acclaimed Sorcery! series, 80 DAYS is an interactive adventure created by your choices, on the fly, and is different every time you play.
Playing as Phileas Fogg's loyal valet, Passepartout, you must balance your master's health, your finances, and the time, as you choose your own path from city to city all the way around the world. Bribe your way onto early departures, but don't let yourself go bankrupt or you'll be sleeping rough and begging for aid! Trade items for profit, and collect the equipment for the conditions you'll face: but too much luggage will slow you down...
80 DAYS is a breakneck race, with an in-game clock that never stops running. Trains, steamers, hot-air balloons, boats, camels, horses and more leave and arrive minute by minute.
Every city and journey is narrated via an interactive story where you control every action. Will your choices speed you up - or lead you into disaster? Will you earn Fogg's trust and respect? Will you uncover the secrets and short-cuts that can shave days off your time? Murder, romance, rebellion and intrigue await!
The app is networked, with a feed that shows you the position of all the other players of the game, their routes, triumphs and disasters. You can race to be the fastest - or look ahead to learn the secrets of the world.
Share your own journey with friends, and load other's routes directly into your app so you can race head-to-head.
80 DAYS is a complete experience, with no in-app purchases, and was made by a core team of just four people. If you enjoy it, please leave a rating, and check out our Sorcery! series.
What's New in Version 1.25
Hundreds of adventures await!
Wonderfully entertaining and replayable
The developers have created a detailed world where the Victorian age is mixed with a futuristic fantasy of incredible inventions. I know I will be playing this again to check out more routes, locations and characters.
(Added: I don't know any other adventure type game as enjoyably replayable as this. After 7 completed trips, I'm still not even close to being done discovering all the richly described places, journeys, characters, fantastical inventions and adventures. It's a game created to be played again and again, since more possibilities appear on subsequent plays. This is an amazing game . )
Wish I could give it 5 stars.....
The game is fun. But, once you play it 1-2 times, you'll want new challenges. The app has Game Center achievements & challenges but no ability to SEE what you've earned or what is left to earn. That's really stupid. Makes re-play pointless.
Also, the game should keep track of your statistics of past games played. Such as- most money earned, fastest trip, etc.
Without these simple features, the game is really only good for one round. And for $4.99- one round of the game is expensive and not a good value since the graphics are simple, it's mostly a reading game and in-game functions are not well explained.
What a relief! I've finally come across an iOS game with a unique concept and refreshing gameplay! Usually I'm done with a game in a few days or a week, but I've been coming back to 80 days for quite a while now. If you love to read, are keen on adventures or are a geography geek like I am, this game will definitely suit you. It's all about having a feel for the journey, making good decisions, figuring out smart ways to travel, to trade and to maintain Monsieur Fogg's health.
What I love about the game is that every time you play it it's different, there are so many cities, so many stories and so many routes to take!
Don't hesitate to pick this up, for a couple bucks it's a steal!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 21, 2016
- Version: 1.25
- Size: 198 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: inkle Ltd
- © 2014 inkle Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad, and iPod touch.