The 800 HazRx™ mobile application informs you that the drug you are handling is hazardous and provides some guidance on how to handle it safely. This mobile app applies to you if you work in any healthcare setting and engage in the compounding, dispensing, administration, transport, storage, or waste management of hazardous drugs.
The app allows you to:
• Search any generic or branded drug to identify if it is on the NIOSH hazardous drug list
• Identify hazardous drugs by NIOSH Group 1, 2, or 3
• View guidance on how to safely engage with the hazardous drug based on established standards such as USP General Chapter 800
• Bookmark hazardous drugs that you frequently handle for quick reference
• View drug label information via DailyMed
• Receive monthly updates to the list of drugs that are considered hazardous
• Discover additional resources and education available to safely handle hazardous drugs
The mobile app DOES NOT:
• Replace your institution’s protocols or procedures
• Provide therapeutic guidance or clinical decision support on which drugs are appropriate to administer to a patient
Contains minor enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
Upgrade includes all drugs
The current upgrade now lists all drugs (even the ones that are not hazardous) and the interface that connects to the label is a convenient feature for additional information
Worth every penny
So easy to use. What can take hours to find available at my fingertips! No drug label has NIOSH information on it. Love it.
Easy to use
Easy to use and well done informational app
- The United States Pharmacopeial Convention, Inc.
- 50.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © The United States Pharmacopeial Convention
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.