8mm for iPad
By Nexvio Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
8mm turns your iPad into an authentic Super 8 camera.
8mm Vintage Camera captures the beauty and magic of old school vintage movies right through your viewfinder. Dust and scratches, retro colors, flickering, light leaks, even frame shakes, all can be instantly added with a single tap of the finger.
RECORD VIDEOS WITH SOPHISTICATED LIVE EFFECTS
• Total live view of the effects. What you see in the viewfinder is what you get.
• Support 720P HD recording with real time video effects.
INSTANTLY SWITCH EFFECTS FOR 70 DIFFERENT LOOKS
• 7 Lenses: Super 8, Clear, Flickering Frame, Spotlight, Light Leak, Color Fringing and Classic.
• 10 Discolored & Aged Films: 1920, Noir, 60s, 70s, Sakura, XPro, Siena, Pela, Indigo and Tuscan.
• Jitter Button to imitate frame shakes of real 8mm projectors.
• Sound Switch to add projector sound for extra authenticity or mute the video for a silent movie effect.
APPLY EFFECTS TO EXISTING VIDEOS
• Apply and adjust effects while playing a video from Photo library.
CREATE PRO-QUALITY MOVIES FROM 8MM CLIPS
• Choose from 5 unique themes with matching titles, transitions & music. Free themes: Minimalism, Elegant. In-App Purchase themes: Silent Film, Countdown, Light Leak.
• Add soundtrack from iTunes library.
What's New in Version 2.2
• Support for iOS 8
• Support for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
• Apply effects to video clips in the Photos app with 8mm extension
• Video clips now can be deleted in 8mm
always a use for 8mm
this was the first app I purchased for video .. like years ago and since then I've taken it out of rotation, only to have it find its way back in. all of my daughter's home movies as a baby are going to be like mine were, which is exactly what I'm trying to do - distort time and space within her development. lol
I agree with a review I just saw that 1:1 #L7 format has got to be supported or as developers, you may just lose out. maybe a filter update couple times a year .. but it's really got what you need. the camera passthru makes it worth it and then some.
Needs more audio distortion capability
Great app, and would be five starts if it were
B) had more audio edibility
As it stands, the app has really great video distortion, perfect for my needs, but I was really counting on the sound having the same great features, but alas, there are only three options: regular audio (what's the fun in that?), no sound at all (okay, but my videos need sound), ticking like an old slideshow without sound (cool, but still no sound), and if you really look, you can find an odd setting to put the slideshow sound overplayed on regular audio. The last was the best option for me, I guess, but still not great as all it did was add another sound on top instead of distort the existing.
All in all, great for video distortion, but if you want anything more than a silent movie (or one which sounds weird with modern high quality audio) then look elsewhere
Buying this app is definitely worth it! The app truly offers you an old school feels making your video like as if shot during the vintage era. However, it lacks something which is very essential for an 8mm camera; the aspect ratio. To really maximize the app, I hope the developer would consider adding a 1:1 or 1x1 aspect ratio to really make it more authentic and real like what original 8mm cameras are. Please add a 1:1 aspect ratio. Thank you! xx
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Oct 06, 2014
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 20.7 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: NEXVIO INC.
- © Nexvio Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Countdown Theme$0.99
- Silent Film Theme$0.99
- Light Leak Theme$0.99