8mm Vintage Camera
By NEXVIO INC.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
AN OSCAR WORTHY APP - 8mm was used by director Malik Bendjelloul in his Oscar-winning film "Searching for Sugar Man"!
The most authentic, versatile, & easy-to-use retro VIDEO camera on the App Store.
8mm Vintage Camera captures the beauty and magic of old school vintage movies right through your viewfinder. Dust and scratches, retro colors, flickering, light leaks, even frame shakes, all can be instantly added with a single tap of the finger.
RECORD VIDEOS WITH SOPHISTICATED LIVE EFFECTS
• Total live view of the effects. What you see in the viewfinder is what you get.
• Support up to 4K HD recording with real time video effects.
INSTANTLY SWITCH EFFECTS FOR 70 DIFFERENT LOOKS
• 7 Lenses: Super 8, Clear, Flickering Frame, Spotlight, Light Leak, Color Fringing and Classic.
• 11 Retro & Aged Films: 1920, Noir, 60s, 70s, Sakura, XPro, Siena, Pela, Indigo, Tuscan and Two-Color.
• Jitter Button to imitate frame shakes of real 8mm projectors.
• Sound Switch to add projector sound for extra authenticity or mute the video for a silent movie effect.
APPLY EFFECTS TO EXISTING VIDEOS
• Apply and adjust effects while playing a video from Photo library.
CREATE PRO-QUALITY MOVIES FROM 8MM CLIPS
• Choose from 5 unique themes with matching titles, transitions & music. Free themes: Minimalism, Elegant. In-App Purchase themes: Silent Film, Countdown, Light Leak.
• Add soundtrack from iTunes library.
What's New in Version 2.5.1
• Countdown theme now shows counting numbers correctly on iOS 10
• Fixed possible freezing on iPhone 5
First non clickbait 8mm sim
When i first downloaded this app i thought its one of those cheesy clickbait apps that just add tons of contrast and fade the blacks in a very unnatural way but it blew me away with its authenticity in both the color and specially the film grain, the quality is so great that im running RED footage through it just to get that grain and colors That being said i have two serious problems with it which i hope to be solved in later updates.
When you import clips in the app there is no way to preview the clip before saving it, i get the whole vintage workflow kind of thing but it would be very nice to be able to actually run through the clip with the added effect before hitting the record button and having to actually rip it at 1x speed for it to be saved.
The second problem - well not really a problem but a recommendation - is not being able to just add film grain. The grain patterns are extremely nice and useful and on par with some pretty expensive grain overlays. It would be very nice being able to just add the grain without adding a color effect.
I hope this was helpful
This is my go-to video camera app. I love everything about it. Very professional and non-gimmicky yet very fun and usable. Also I appreciate the function to upload a video to this and also to shoot right from it.
When paired with ProCam3's steady zoom, this thing can make pro looking videos. I hope this app NEVER goes away!
Great fun and pro.
It's a lot of fun just for family and friends events but also a great professional tool for that old school film look.
Supports up to 1080p (on my iPhone, might be higher on a newer phone) and can also import shots filmed by other apps to apply the effects later.
It's fun. And it's pro.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Mar 14, 2017
- Version: 2.5.1
- Size: 22.2 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: NEXVIO INC.
- © Nexvio Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Countdown Theme$0.99
- Silent Film Theme$0.99
- Light Leak Theme$0.99