AN OSCAR WORTHY APP - 8mm was used by director Malik Bendjelloul in his Oscar-winning film "Searching for Sugar Man"!
The original retro film camera used by millions of users.
8mm Vintage Camera captures the beauty and magic of old school vintage movies right through your viewfinder. Dust and scratches, retro colors, flickering, light leaks, even frame shakes, all can be instantly added with a single tap of the finger.
RECORD VIDEOS WITH SOPHISTICATED LIVE EFFECTS
• Total live view of the effects. What you see in the viewfinder is what you get.
• Support up to 4K HD recording with real time video effects.
INSTANTLY SWITCH EFFECTS FOR 70 DIFFERENT LOOKS
• 7 Lenses: Super 8, Clear, Flickering Frame, Spotlight, Light Leak, Color Fringing and Classic.
• 12 Retro & Aged Films: 1920, Noir, 60s, 70s, Sakura, XPro, Siena, Pela, Indigo, Tuscan, Two-Color and 2-Strip.
• Jitter Button to imitate frame shakes of real 8mm projectors.
• Sound Switch to add projector sound for extra authenticity or mute the video for a silent movie effect.
APPLY EFFECTS TO EXISTING VIDEOS
• Apply and adjust effects while playing a video from Photo library.
CREATE PRO-QUALITY MOVIES FROM 8MM CLIPS
• Choose from 5 unique themes with matching titles, transitions & music. Free themes: Minimalism, Elegant. In-App Purchase themes: Silent Film, Countdown, Light Leak.
• Add soundtrack from iTunes library.
• Supports 1080p video on iPhone 5, 5s, SE
• User interface optimized for iPhone X
Ratings and Reviews
Shooting movies on film may be a dying art, but just because we live in the digital age doesn’t mean we have to abandon our analog past. We get warm, nostalgic fuzzies from 8mm Vintage Camera’s grainy, flickery film filters and lens effects, conjuring up memories of vacation travelogues screened in wood-paneled basements. It’s not just about old-school kicks, though—this powerful suite of tools can give any video an authentic period look.
First non clickbait 8mm sim
When i first downloaded this app i thought its one of those cheesy clickbait apps that just add tons of contrast and fade the blacks in a very unnatural way but it blew me away with its authenticity in both the color and specially the film grain, the quality is so great that im running RED footage through it just to get that grain and colors That being said i have two serious problems with it which i hope to be solved in later updates.
When you import clips in the app there is no way to preview the clip before saving it, i get the whole vintage workflow kind of thing but it would be very nice to be able to actually run through the clip with the added effect before hitting the record button and having to actually rip it at 1x speed for it to be saved.
The second problem - well not really a problem but a recommendation - is not being able to just add film grain. The grain patterns are extremely nice and useful and on par with some pretty expensive grain overlays. It would be very nice being able to just add the grain without adding a color effect.
I hope this was helpful
Toy-like user interface; Professional grade filters
This app has the best filters and effects to give that old vintage look to the videos. The grain is very high quality and natural looking and the color transformations and the filters are of professional grade quality (comparable to expensive pro software).
But there’s one catch, The user interface is not built to use this as a professional app in a videomaker’s toolkit. It is mostly built like a toy to just play around with the effects. There are many many things that could be improved in the UI to make it easier to use.
For example one can not preview any filter without actually applying it on a video and saving it to the camera roll. Also it does a 1:1 conversion, so a half hour long video takes exactly half an hour to be processed. Changing filters is also not at all easy, you have to turn a dial to change it.
The library part of the app takes a while to update each time you open it (specially when you have lots of videos on your device)
It also has a weird bug which has not been fixed yet after many releases, if I edit a vertical ratio (9:16) video in another app and import it in the 8mm, it does not respect the rotation and stretches it to view as horizontal.
But overall I’m using it quite often and I really love the filters so I can’t complain much. ;)
- NEXVIO INC.
- 25 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Nexvio Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Countdown Theme $0.99
- Silent Film Theme $0.99
- Light Leak Theme $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.