8mm Vintage Camera
By Nexvio Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
AN OSCAR WORTHY APP - 8mm was used by director Malik Bendjelloul in his Oscar-winning film "Searching for Sugar Man"!
The most authentic, versatile, & easy-to-use retro VIDEO camera on the App Store.
8mm Vintage Camera captures the beauty and magic of old school vintage movies right through your viewfinder. Dust and scratches, retro colors, flickering, light leaks, even frame shakes, all can be instantly added with a single tap of the finger.
RECORD VIDEOS WITH SOPHISTICATED LIVE EFFECTS
• Total live view of the effects. What you see in the viewfinder is what you get.
• Support 720P HD recording with real time video effects.
INSTANTLY SWITCH EFFECTS FOR 70 DIFFERENT LOOKS
• 7 Lenses: Super 8, Clear, Flickering Frame, Spotlight, Light Leak, Color Fringing and Classic.
• 10 Discolored & Aged Films: 1920, Noir, 60s, 70s, Sakura, XPro, Siena, Pela, Indigo and Tuscan.
• Jitter Button to imitate frame shakes of real 8mm projectors.
• Sound Switch to add projector sound for extra authenticity or mute the video for a silent movie effect.
APPLY EFFECTS TO EXISTING VIDEOS
• Apply and adjust effects while playing a video from Photo library.
CREATE PRO-QUALITY MOVIES FROM 8MM CLIPS
• Choose from 5 unique themes with matching titles, transitions & music. Free themes: Minimalism, Elegant. In-App Purchase themes: Silent Film, Countdown, Light Leak.
• Add soundtrack from iTunes library.
What's New in Version 2.0
• Updated for iOS 7
• NEW: movie editor with 5 themes to create pro-quality vintage movies
• Recorded videos are saved to Camera Roll
• Fixed sound bug for the built-in video player
Most Fun Video Montage App!!
I've had this app for about 8 months and initially it was a fun way to simply record a video in an old-timey feel. But now that I've actually recently updated it, I love it 10x more!! It now allows you to create a reel to make a video montage combining any of your clips together. Once you've created a reel you can add a theme which adds in music, transitions, etc! I was pleasantly surprised. Fun way to capture random events or make a quick video project!
Fantastic App for Videographers!
I am a photographer and videographer, and I can't always have my DSLR on me so I like to have fully functioning camera and video apps on my phone. I've been using kitcam (recently discontinued) for both, and I do love it for images- but this app is honestly the best I've used for video. My only criticism/suggestions are to add more themes and fonts choices and to allow shortening of clips in app as well as uploading videos shot with the phones default camera.
This brings me back...
This app is great. From duplicating my home movies with all their color problems, too-dark exposure, etc. when I was a kid in the '60's to recreating the look of Lon Chaney's 1925 "Phantom of the Opera", this app does it all. The projector noise and frame jitter are just icing on the cake. I've had film production classes and really like old movies...nice to know that I can duplicate just about anything in terms of cinematic look and feel for only 99 cents. Great job!
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Dec 16, 2013
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 13.1 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Japanese
- Seller: NEXVIO INC.
- © Nexvio Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Countdown Theme$0.99
- Silent Film Theme$0.99
- Light Leak Theme$1.99