8player Pro is a universal multimedia application for your iPhone, iPad and Apple TV.
8 years in the App Store, 500 000 Pro users, more than 200 updates... and it’s just the beginning! Join in!
With 8player Pro for iOS you can:
• Play media files from DLNA / UPnP, SMB, FTP, Google Drive and Dropbox servers, as well as local videos, music and photos;
• Control media files playback on your DLNA players (renderers) and Chromecast devices;
• Download media files from DLNA / UPnP, SMB, FTP, Google Drive, Dropbox servers to play them offline;
• Create and edit music playlists inside the app;
• Connect to your DLNA / UPnP servers remotely via mobile Internet or from any other external network*.
• Play media files from DLNA / UPnP, SMB and FTP servers;
• Use 8player Pro as a DLNA / UPnP renderer.
• Video (including subtitles): avi, mkv, mp4, mov, mpg, vob, wmv, m4v, asf, flv, ogg, 3gp, divx, dv, dat, gxf, m2p, m2ts, m2v, moov, mpeg, mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg4, mpv, mt2s, mts, mxf, ogm, ogv, ps, qt, rm, rmvb, ts, webm, wm etc;
• Music: flac, mp3, aac, alac, wav, aif, wma, ac3 etc;
• Images: heic, jpeg, png, gif, bmp, ico, tiff etc.
* You can find information on remote access setup at: http://08software.com/products/8player/remote
• Google Drive support added
Ratings and Reviews
Best network media player I’ve seen so far for iOS and Apple TV.
This app is not perfect, and at the same time it is the best one I’ve seen that has a version for both Apple TV and iOS. I use it to connect to JRiver media server and it works better than JRiver’s own remote app. It also lets you download files directly to your phone from your network. Something about the video playback quality is not as good as VLC Media player so I use that for video and this for music.
Best DLNA player I’ve used on iOS
I really love 8player as it has a simple and intuitive interface and plays everything from my home server via DLNA with ease! Whether I use my iPhone, iPad or AppleTV - I have a consistent and pleasurable experience!
Their support is also excellent. I had a question on the Apple TV version and they responded really quickly.
Overall great product and great support. I’ve removed all other players and this is my go to media app!
Best DLNA music player for iPhone
Best DLNA music player for the iPhone. Only gripe: Download All does not play albums in the Music area in the right order. I have the order set to Track N, but it plays the downloaded music in alpha order.
UPDATE: connecting to a Bluetooth speaker is very unstable. I use a JBL Extreme and a couple of other smaller speakers. Pausing music causes the DLNA connection to be dropped a few minutes later when continuing playing. This is with ios12 but has existed as a problem since gapless playback was introduced.
- Oleksandr Smeshkov
- 80.1 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, French, German, Russian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010-2019 8soft
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.