8Stem - Pull a song apart, remix it, and share it.
By 8Stem, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
8Stem lets you pull a song apart and play with it - it’s the easiest way to remix music. With a few taps, you can download a song, replace drums, add a bass line, use effects, even swap out vocals and add your own. When you’re done, share with friends on social networks & let them remix your track.
• Listen to different song parts (vocals, drums, etc…) together or separate
• Easily remix songs by replacing original song parts with new instruments and vocals
• Choose from a catalog of original artists curated by Sub Pop’s Bruce Pavitt
• Remix elements included to mix and match with original songs
• New tracks and remix elements added every week
• Add effects like filters, delay, and reverb
• Record your voice to replace original vocals or add to instrumental track
• Move song sections (intro, verse, chorus, etc…) with drag & drop commands
• Share remixes with friends and followers
• Like, follow and comment on original artists, songs, remixes and remixers
• Build your reputation in the 8Stem remix community
What's New in Version 1.1.2
Bug fixes for smoother screen transitions.
needs to add
The app is good, but you should be allowed to use your OWN music. The music they provide is not enough and it would be so much better if you could use music from your own library.
Found this app through an article, which did NOT say you could only remix the generic pop garbage songs offered in-app. This is basically useless.
You need to be able to listen to your own music. Or at least add MUCH more diverse content music wise.