“8TRACKS IS THE FUTURE OF RADIO” –Pete Tong | BBC Radio 1
Imagine if every time you wanted to listen to a good playlist, someone gave you the perfect handmade mixtape. Welcome to 8tracks – the best place to discover & share playlists made by people.
Explore more than 3 million free playlists, all handcrafted by real people who love music as much as you. Need music for a study, workout, or chill session? Want happy, dance, or dating songs to fit your mood? A DJ on 8tracks has a mix for whatever you’re feeling. Each playlist on 8tracks tells a story, and the person who crafted it represents a soul and personality behind the music.
“PANDORA’S YOUNGER, COOLER SISTER” –David Porter | 8tracks
8tracks is the best music app to discover independent rock, hip-hop, electronic, fanmixes and more. Download today and listen to playlists with every artist, genre, activity & mood imaginable.
“IT’S THE MOST INDIE INTERNET RADIO YOU CAN EVER ASK FOR” –Pierce Manlangit
Listen completely free with ads & limits, or upgrade to 8tracks Plus for unlimited, ad-free listening.
Perks for free listeners:
• Discover mixes for every imaginable artist, genre, mood or activity under the sun
• Explore and save creative playlists with a “soul” behind the music
• Fun music community, discovering and sharing new songs together
• Crazy-good personalized playlist recommendations
• Less repetition than other apps
• Sleep timer & YouTube integration
8tracks Plus subscribers get these extra-special perks on all our platforms:
• Unlimited listening
• Banish all the ads
• No interruptions between playlists
• Use animated gifs on your playlists
• Get a flashy badge to show off to your friends and admirers
• Support independent radio and the artists you love
“8TRACKS IS MORE THAN JUST A MUSIC SERVICE – IT’S A REAL COMMUNITY BUILT ON A SHARED LOVE OF MUSIC” –Steve Aoki | Dim Mak Records
Join millions of listeners & DJs at 8tracks and discover your next favorite playlist today.
8tracks Plus billing plans:
• One month billing: $4.99
• Two month billing: $9.99
• Annual billing for full Plus subscription: $39.99
• Annual billing for ad-free on iOS only: $19.99
8tracks Plus subscriptions renew automatically at the end of each billing period from the date of sign-up. You can cancel anytime and will continue to receive the benefits of 8tracks Plus through the end of the current billing period, irrespective of cancellation date.
More 8tracks Plus subscription details:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
8tracks Plus FAQ: https://8tracks.com/plus_faq
Say hi on Twitter: http://twitter.com/8tracks
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/8tracks
Follow us on Tumblr: http://8tracks.tumblr.com
Explore our website: https://8tracks.com
Unlimited ad-supported free listening is back!
+ Enjoy your favorite 8tracks Discoveries on-demand in Spotify, ‘cause you deserve it.
Ratings and Reviews
In Love Since 2012
This has been my absolute favorite music platform since discovering it back in 2012. The user-generated model is such a great way to receive music one may have not considered before. More importantly, the search process is great. I love the ability to link moods together to find great playlists.
Pick this if you life ads and a crashing app
All this app does is crash and play ads. Crashes within 1 song and then open up the app again for another 2 ads. I listen to more ads than songs. After 2-3 times of trying I give up.. and close it for a month. Next moth I think “oh, maybe it changed” “oh maybe it’s a better update” Nope.. never. This app is garbage now. Last 2 years have sucked
Fav streaming service
Why? User created playlists offer a broad selection of great tunes and an easy way to find new stuff. Less ads more music. Are there downsides? Yes. To me they are that you can only listen to a playlist once in 24 hours which I could do without but it does force me to find new stuff. The search functions could be better. And I still don’t know how to create my own playlists. Other than that it’s one of few apps I’d rate five starts. Been on 8tracks for a solid few years and never been disappointed.
- 8tracks Inc.
- 110.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2015 8tracks Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 8tracks Plus Subscription $4.99
- 8tracks Plus Subscription $39.99
- 8tracks Plus Subscription $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.