8tracks - Best Playlist Radio
By 8tracks Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
“8TRACKS IS THE FUTURE OF RADIO” –Pete Tong | BBC Radio 1
Imagine if every time you wanted to listen to a good playlist, someone gave you the perfect handmade mixtape. Welcome to 8tracks – the best place to discover & share playlists made by people.
Explore more than 3 million free playlists, all handcrafted by real people who love music as much as you. Need music for a study, workout, or chill session? Want happy, dance, or dating songs to fit your mood? A DJ on 8tracks has a mix for whatever you’re feeling. Each playlist on 8tracks tells a story, and the person who crafted it represents a soul and personality behind the music.
“PANDORA’S YOUNGER, COOLER SISTER” –David Porter | 8tracks
8tracks is the best music app to discover independent rock, hip-hop, electronic, fanmixes and more. Download today and listen to playlists with every artist, genre, activity & mood imaginable.
“IT’S THE MOST INDIE INTERNET RADIO YOU CAN EVER ASK FOR” –Pierce Manlangit
Listen completely free with ads & limits, or upgrade to 8tracks Plus for unlimited, ad-free listening.
Perks for free listeners:
• Discover mixes for every imaginable artist, genre, mood or activity under the sun
• Explore and save creative playlists with a “soul” behind the music
• Fun music community, discovering and sharing new songs together
• Crazy-good personalized playlist recommendations
• Less repetition than other apps
• Sleep timer & YouTube integration
8tracks Plus subscribers get these extra-special perks on all our platforms:
• Unlimited listening
• Banish all the ads
• No interruptions between playlists
• Use animated gifs on your playlists
• Get a flashy badge to show off to your friends and admirers
• Support independent radio and the artists you love
“8TRACKS IS MORE THAN JUST A MUSIC SERVICE – IT’S A REAL COMMUNITY BUILT ON A SHARED LOVE OF MUSIC” –Steve Aoki | Dim Mak Records
Join millions of listeners & DJs at 8tracks and discover your next favorite playlist today.
8tracks Plus billing plans:
• One month billing: $4.99
• Two month billing: $9.99
• Annual billing for full Plus subscription: $39.99
• Annual billing for ad-free on iOS only: $19.99
8tracks Plus subscriptions renew automatically at the end of each billing period from the date of sign-up. You can cancel anytime and will continue to receive the benefits of 8tracks Plus through the end of the current billing period, irrespective of cancellation date.
More 8tracks Plus subscription details:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
8tracks Plus FAQ: https://8tracks.com/plus_faq
Say hi on Twitter: http://twitter.com/8tracks
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/8tracks
Follow us on Tumblr: http://8tracks.tumblr.com
Explore our website: https://8tracks.com
What's New in Version 3.3.61
Performance improvements, bug fixes, and a whole lotta style.
*** Community Update ***
While we’d really rather not have any limits on listening, we’ve exhausted all short-term options to keep 8tracks free for everyone, as it has been for the past 9 years. Unfortunately, with recent increases in royalty rates, we have no choice but to shift towards subscriptions for listeners in the US (which we’ve priced as affordably as possible). Everyone can still listen for free, but there is a weekly limit which resets each Monday. In the meantime, we’re exploring new ways to allow us to raise the free listening limit while still ensuring a healthy future for our service and the community. Thanks for continuing to support 8tracks!
Worth the $30
Look, I was as mad as everyone else when free unlimited listening was discontinued, but $30 for a whole year of no ads and all the music I want? That's a price I'm willing to pay. Besides, it really isn't that much, it's only $2.50 a month, which just means you can't have your latte from Starbucks (just one darn time a month) and boom you've paid for all the music you can listen to!
Frankly, if you can afford a cellphone or a computer, I'm pretty sure you can cough up $2.50 a month or $4.99 if you aren't sure you want the year long commitment. For me, though? Easiest $30 I've ever spent.
It's Like All the Music of the World in One Place
Where else can I find a 21st century K-Pop cut and a Korean pop song from the 1950's in the same place? 8tracks has music I would have never heard otherwise. There are cuts from my favorite 60's groups that I never knew existed. From ABBA to ZZ Top and their counterparts from around the world. They are all here. Everyone likes free, but this is still a steal for less than a cup of Starbucks joe each month.
What's the point?
I used to LOVE this app and just recently downloaded it again to see all the playlists I made a couple years back. I was a little disappointed that the unlimited music was gone but decided to pay to listen because why not I can cancel it any time but what's the point of paying money to listen to music but not be able to skip more then 3 times In a playlist and 6 times within an hour? If you expect me to pay to listen to the music on this app I should be able to skip when I want whenever I want.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Sep 27, 2017
- Version: 3.3.61
- Size: 98.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: 8tracks Inc.
- © 2015 8tracks Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 8tracks Plus Subscription$4.99
- 8tracks Plus Subscription$39.99
- 8tracks Plus Subscription$9.99
- 8tracks ad-free 1 year subscription$19.99