“8TRACKS IS THE FUTURE OF RADIO” –Pete Tong | BBC Radio 1
Imagine if every time you wanted to listen to a good playlist, someone gave you the perfect handmade mixtape. Welcome to 8tracks – the best place to discover & share playlists made by people.
Explore more than 3 million free playlists, all handcrafted by real people who love music as much as you. Need music for a study, workout, or chill session? Want happy, dance, or dating songs to fit your mood? A DJ on 8tracks has a mix for whatever you’re feeling. Each playlist on 8tracks tells a story, and the person who crafted it represents a soul and personality behind the music.
“PANDORA’S YOUNGER, COOLER SISTER” –David Porter | 8tracks
8tracks is the best music app to discover independent rock, hip-hop, electronic, fanmixes and more. Download today and listen to playlists with every artist, genre, activity & mood imaginable.
“IT’S THE MOST INDIE INTERNET RADIO YOU CAN EVER ASK FOR” –Pierce Manlangit
Listen completely free with ads & limits, or upgrade to 8tracks Plus for unlimited, ad-free listening.
Perks for free listeners:
• Discover mixes for every imaginable artist, genre, mood or activity under the sun
• Explore and save creative playlists with a “soul” behind the music
• Fun music community, discovering and sharing new songs together
• Crazy-good personalized playlist recommendations
• Less repetition than other apps
• Sleep timer & YouTube integration
8tracks Plus subscribers get these extra-special perks on all our platforms:
• Unlimited listening
• Banish all the ads
• No interruptions between playlists
• Use animated gifs on your playlists
• Get a flashy badge to show off to your friends and admirers
• Support independent radio and the artists you love
“8TRACKS IS MORE THAN JUST A MUSIC SERVICE – IT’S A REAL COMMUNITY BUILT ON A SHARED LOVE OF MUSIC” –Steve Aoki | Dim Mak Records
Join millions of listeners & DJs at 8tracks and discover your next favorite playlist today.
8tracks Plus billing plans:
• One month billing: $4.99
• Two month billing: $9.99
• Annual billing for full Plus subscription: $39.99
• Annual billing for ad-free on iOS only: $19.99
8tracks Plus subscriptions renew automatically at the end of each billing period from the date of sign-up. You can cancel anytime and will continue to receive the benefits of 8tracks Plus through the end of the current billing period, irrespective of cancellation date.
More 8tracks Plus subscription details:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
8tracks Plus FAQ: https://8tracks.com/plus_faq
Say hi on Twitter: http://twitter.com/8tracks
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/8tracks
Follow us on Tumblr: http://8tracks.tumblr.com
Explore our website: https://8tracks.com
Unlimited ad-supported free listening is back!
+ Enjoy your favorite 8tracks Discoveries on-demand in Spotify, ‘cause you deserve it.
Ratings and Reviews
Terrible new user experience
-Downloaded the app knowing nothing about it.
-Tried to auth with google.
-After Authentication and accepting privileges for the app to view my basic info, I was redirected to create an account where I was asked to pick a user, add email address, and pass.
-Error. Email already in use...
-Ok, well then... I’ll click sign in. Prompted with another google auth button.. clicked.
-prompted to again accept privileges for 8tracks to view my info. And guess what. I was redirected to create an account yet again.
-this time I changed my email address and finally I’m in!
-Nope! Instead I’m hit with a product page already trying to up-sell me before I even see what the app has to offer...
-Click the X and close the ridiculous modal asking me to pay for an app that I’ve yet to see.
-at this point I’m frustrated with everything about this process but I decided to be optimistic and at least try to play something...
-clicked on a genre, and then I clicked the first recommendation...
-oh... of course. A 30 second ad for something so irrelevant to music or the genre or anything I would give a second thought to.
-10 seconds into the ad, I closed the app, deleted it. And wrote this feedback so the marketing team can collect some insight on how new users should be treated and why I feel like one star is too good for this app.
Pretty awesome :)
As a user of 8tracks for many years, I’ve been with this app through all the growing pains and I’m so excited to see them coming out on the other side of things unscathed. While many other apps may have given into the temptation to chase dollar bills, 8tracks has hung on to the virtues that made it a great app in the first place- namely putting music and users first. However above all, 8tracks actually listens to its users and seems to be working extremely hard to provide improvements and changes based on the feedback from its users. I absolutely love that. Barring some massive change, 8tracks will remain my go-to app for listening to my favorite playlists and searching for new music :)
Thanks for your kind words – we appreciate you. :)
Solid|A haters conversion review
All I can say is, finally. Quality listening app with super unique playlists. The streaming site had a few bumps since their beginning that was sad to witness and they did fall out of favor for me. Now they’re back and for a small price of 4.99 a month you can listen without ads or listen for free with the ads. I think both options are definitely a small price to pay for the unique listening experience that you really can’t get from other streaming sites/apps. I’m happy that I can listen to the playlists I haven’t been able to listen to for a couple of years. 8Tracks is finally back to what made them so great in the first place!
Are you sure you're on the latest version? The listening limit has been completely removed for everyone, so now you should have free unlimited ad-supported listening.
- 8tracks Inc.
- 110.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2015 8tracks Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 8tracks Plus Subscription $4.99
- 8tracks Plus Subscription $39.99
- 8tracks Plus Subscription $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.