8tracks playlist radio - Free music app
By 8tracks Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
8tracks is the best playlist radio app for people who care about music to make & discover refreshingly human playlists.
Want a music player to help you listen to a playlist for a study, workout, yoga, or dating session? Looking for free music to stream like radio? 8tracks is the top music app to discover independent hip hop, EDM, indie rock, dubstep and more. Choose from nearly 2 million free playlists, each lovingly handcrafted by a real-life human being who listens to music as much as you. Enjoy millions of free songs curated by people around the world.
- Free radio app
- Audio ad free, pure uninterrupted streaming radio unlike Pandora
- Music community sharing and discovering new indie songs
- Creative playlists with a “soul” behind the music
- Music discovery for every imaginable genre, mood, or activity worldwide
- Less repetition
- YouTube & SoundCloud integration
Join 8tracks’ global community of 8 million monthly listeners and DJs. Stream for free today.
What's New in Version 3.3.10
New in 3.3.10:
- Squashed some more bugs
- Seasonal fruits and vegetables. Seriously, have persimmons always been around? So good.
- Something we can't put our finger on… a new fragrance? New shoes? A new workout regimen? Whatever it is, it's working for you
- Animated playlist covers like we’re in Harry Potter or something
- 8tracks Timeline: review playlists you’ve heard and upcoming playlists, travel through time and space
- Sleep timer: go to sleep whenever the heck you want without leaving the app running
- Tumblr sharing, in addition to Facebook, Twitter, text, email, link, Tinder (just kidding… maybe)
- Sidebar access to your playlist collections
I love this app don't get me wrong, but they changed it so you can't listen to a playlist more than once for every eight hours. Which is a drag because if I like something I want to listen to it on repeat. So it's quite a pain. But other than that and not being able to add playlist to your "collections" on this app is also not my favorite thing. I really want to save a few playlist for later and I can't so, maybe fix that in the future? Thanks
Why only once every 8 hours?
This has been my go to app for a couple of months now, but not being able to repeat playlists is a bummer. Occasionally after choosing a playlist, as well, I'll be stuck on a white until I hard reset the app. Minor annoyances, but I'm overall very taken with it. The selections are vast and lovely.
Sleek, simple, useful.
The app is more personal than most other music oriented ones I've seen and works just as well as the site. It's well designed and organized so everything is easy to find and get to.
The only problem is the ability to cast my music to my Chromecast or Apple TV doesn't exist like it does online.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Music
- Updated: Apr 26, 2016
- Version: 3.3.10
- Size: 64.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: 8tracks Inc.
- © 2015 8tracks Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 8tracks ad-free 1 year subscription$19.99