8x8 Virtual Office
By 8x8, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Use your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to make and receive calls using your 8x8 Virtual Office phone service. Now your 8x8 business phone extension can be truly mobile!
- Make calls using your 8x8 calling plan
- Your 8x8 Caller ID shows when you make a call
- Call from your company directory contacts list
- Make 3-way calls
- Use Wi-Fi, 3G/4G/LTE or your cellular minutes
- Configure your Call Forwarding rules from your mobile device
- Visual voicemail
- Fax management
- Video calling
- Corporate directory presence & chat
Note: this application is for 8x8 Virtual Office customers only. You must be an existing 8x8 customer to use this application.
To use Virtual Office Mobile:
- Download and install the app on your device
- Login using your 8x8 username and password
- If you don’t have an 8x8 username and password, please contact your phone system administrator
To learn more about Virtual Office Mobile, visit:
Tip for international travelers
You can avoid data roaming charges when outside the US by turning off data roaming and using Wi-Fi hotspots instead of your 3G/4G/LTE network; and since your calls are charged under your 8x8 calling plan, you won't have international call roaming charges to deal with.
Interested in learning more about 8x8 Virtual Office business phone service? Call 8x8 Sales at 866-879-8647 or visit www.8x8.com.
*Important VoIP over 3G/4G/LTE Notice*
Some mobile network operators may prohibit or restrict the use of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) functionality over their network, such as the use of VoIP telephony over a cellular network, and may also impose additional fees, or other charges in connection with VoIP. Be sure to check the terms of your agreement with your cellular phone carrier. 8x8 will not be held liable for any charges, fees or liability imposed by your cellular/mobile carrier for use of 8x8 Virtual Office Mobile service.
* Voice quality is subject to Wi-Fi or 3G/4G/LTE signal quality and available bandwidth *
What's New in Version 4.4
* Cellular Call Mode on iPhones
* Ability to start/stop video during a call
* Show detailed network info (EDGE/3G/4G/LTE/Wi-Fi) during call
* Chat state notifications (composing/paused)
* Improved chat timestamp display
* Show presence of person you’re chatting with
* UK number formatting
* Updated generic contact profile images
* Fixed video encoding on iOS7
* Crash fixes
* Long names in Contacts/Company list are overlapped
* Stop playing voicemail when user deletes it while still playing
* Fixed white border issue on icons and splash screen
* Fixed message if app doesn’t have permission to access local contacts
The convenience is worth it
The technology isn't quite there yet, a lot of dropped calls and other issues, however I continue to use and am looking forward to near future improvements.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Jul 09, 2014
- Version: 4.4
- Size: 8.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: 8x8, Inc.
- © 2010-2014 8x8, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.