The National September 11 Memorial Museum at the World Trade Center bears solemn witness to the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001 and February 26, 1993. The Museum honors the 2,983 victims of these attacks and all those who risked their lives to save others. It further recognizes the thousands who survived and all who demonstrated extraordinary compassion in the aftermath.
The 9/11 Memorial & Museum audio guide proves themed audio tours featuring stories from the day of 9/11 and the recovery at Ground Zero. It also presents details of the Museum’s archaeological elements and architectural designs of the Memorial and the Museum.
• Witnessing History Tour: Narrated by Robert De Niro, a tour of the Museum's spaces and artifacts that explores the events of 9/11 and their global impact and continuing significance. This tour is also available in American Sign Language, Chinese (Mandarin Simplified), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, and Spanish.
• Discovering History Tour: An age-appropriate tour that explores the events of 9/11 and how we commemorate the attacks.
• Building History Tour: A tour that explores the 9/11 attacks and their legacy through the architecture of the original World Trade Center and the design of the Museum.
• Historical Exhibition: September 11, 2001: Narrated by author Allison Gilbert, a tour that explores the 9/11 attacks and their legacy through the architecture of the original World Trade Center and the design of the Museum. This tour is also available in American Sign Language, Chinese (Mandarin Simplified), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, and Spanish.
• Audio Description: Audio descriptions of the Museum's spaces, exhibitions, and artifacts.
Modernized app design and new tour content.
Ratings and Reviews
Really good and works quickly
This app was amazing. I absolutely can't wait to go to the museum, God bless all of the families and friends of those who were killed on this devastating day. I cannot believe some of the comments that I've read. How could you even think that it was an inside job? No matter how bad out government is, no one would EVER do something that horrific. Grow up and quit being so ignorant. This app isn't meant to insult anyone either. It was meant to go along with the 9/11 museum that just opened. If any of you paid attention, you would realize that. The fact that some people are upset by the contents of this app is awful. And to those that feel that this was an inside job and not a legitimate terrorist attack, you still have no right to express that thought on here. How disrespectful. Quit acting like idiots.
This is a simple yet very well made museum application that is designed to give users different facets of stories that make up the 9/11 experience. While most museum applications consist mainly of galleries and exhibit information, this one relies on intimate storytelling through the narration of actor Robert De Niro and first person accounts to get the message across. Through his words and others users will get a reflective sense of the 9/11 tragedy and how the museum is being used as a stepping stone to confront and learn from the pain and the grief. Users can interact with the app in several ways whether through audio, transcripts and for some parts video. The app is broken into five sections that focus on a specific part of the experience. Users who are at the museum can also use the app as a guide where a map will display where you are in the museum according to the exhibit.
- National September 11 Memorial & Museum
- 15.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014 National September 11 Memorial & Museum
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.