Download the official 97.9 The Loop WLUP app, it’s easy to use and always FREE!
With the official app, you can stay connected from work, home, or on the road. Follow us on social media, get access to all our other unique content, features and more!
- See current and recently played songs and multi-week playlist
- Access all your favorite podcast shows on demand. Listen live (less storage requirement) or download and listen when offline
- Thumb through the latest local news
- Follow the latest posts from social media
- Wake up to your favorite show with our alarm clock. Record a personal message to play before waking up to the show.
- Fall asleep while listening to your favorite show
- See the weekly shows schedule so you don’t miss a thing
- Real time weather for where you are
- Share our app via Facebook, Twitter, and e-mail
Please note: This app features Nielsen’s audience measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research, such as Nielsen’s TV Ratings. To learn more about our digital audience measurement products and your choices in regard to them, please visit http://www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information.
Ratings and Reviews
App is garbage....
If you enjoy continuously listening to the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, then this app is for you. When the adds hit, they stay annoyingly playing like the memory of farting in front of your first love right before having sex.
Mancow’s show is nothing but amazing. Unfortunately it’s the exact opposite for this app. You’ll be lucky if you can hear the shows, otherwise prepare yourself for enjoying adds that repeat themselves over and over.
RIP The Loop 97.9 WLUP
While the terrestrial station switched to Christian Rock at Midnight on March 10th, the app is supposed to keep playing Rock&Rock indefinitely. No issues with commercials since they made the announcement, music plays right away, in background, HQ, no issues. Only thing missing is the Chicago touch, the DJs, the talent, the talk. 97.9 WLUP may be gone, but it’s spirit will live on.
The ads get stuck in a loop (no pun intended). When you think the ads are done after 15 minutes then an ad will keep replaying over and over.
- Cumulus Media
- 66 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © AirKast, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.